DIY Pinoy HC/Punk Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DIY Pinoy HC/Punk Message Board

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary

Go down 
+11
fearlessvampirenagger
xtreblinkalovescenex
tadsz
Roman
dweedhxc
francis
zepol
Ryan
Tomh
Beef Supreme
zomgwtfsrsly
15 posters
AuthorMessage
zomgwtfsrsly

zomgwtfsrsly

Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary Empty
PostSubject: Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary   Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 11:16 pm

Me and my friend's are planning to join the Ateneo Video Open, were planning to make a documentary about the hardcore scene here in the metro. I'm posting this as consultation if it's alright with you and if we could ask for help and support from you guys.

Replies are greatly appreciated...see you on WATT btw.

-Raf
Back to top Go down
Beef Supreme

Beef Supreme

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary   Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 11:20 pm

zomgwtfsrsly wrote:
Me and my friend's are planning to join the Ateneo Video Open, were planning to make a documentary about the hardcore scene here in the metro. I'm posting this as consultation if it's alright with you and if we could ask for help and support from you guys.

Replies are greatly appreciated...see you on WATT btw.

-Raf

dalin mo cam mo sa cavite hc fest
Back to top Go down
Tomh

Tomh

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary   Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 4:55 am

good luck (not sarcastic)
any documentary i have seen on any country or cities hardcore scene just seems so far off the mark.
It's really not something you can show people in a film.
But American Hardcore was pretty cool, but probably just because they had all the old "legends" and it was funny either seeing them old or so warped on drugs "cough" SSD "cough".
Just make sure you interview bands and the people who organise the shows, nothing worse than listening to every tom, dick and harry's opinion
But you all just read mine ! >_<
Would be keen to see it when its finished
Back to top Go down
http://profiles.friendster.com/tomhill
zomgwtfsrsly

zomgwtfsrsly

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary   Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 8:24 pm

Even I, am not confident about this project, but there's nothing to lose. So I'd still give it a shot. Besides, there are people/bands from here who's been in the scene long enough to be a source of credible information, I dont want this to end up like Jessica Soho's documentary. Thanks tomh and beef supreme, I dont really have any idea when that will be. I hope it's before the submission of films. Anybody here interested to join is welcome as well.
Back to top Go down
Ryan

Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary   Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 9:12 pm

nice.
sana mag materialized yung plan..
ayus yan.
anything na mailabas presently eh magiging living proof
na there was a scene on our generation.
wag ka lang malilihis ng topic.
choose the rigt person to rely.
at lahat ng hinahanap mo eh mahahanap mo sa mga nag popost dito.
Back to top Go down
zepol
hoodlum
zepol

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary   Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 5:04 am

friday's War All The Time show is a good start. its setup by one of the longest running collective dito sa pilipinas, ang Sampcore. tama, pumunta ka.
ganun din sa mga susunod na shows like Dec. 12's A Better Hope Foundation and Dec. 19's Graveyard Fellowship at marami pang iba Smile
just go to the Shows thread at bahala ka nang mamili.
taragis, parang advertisement ah. what a dumbass i am! jocolor
Back to top Go down
francis

francis

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary   Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 6:38 pm

ayos yan zom.
Back to top Go down
zomgwtfsrsly

zomgwtfsrsly

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary   Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 9:39 pm

zepol wrote:
friday's War All The Time show is a good start. its setup by one of the longest running collective dito sa pilipinas, ang Sampcore. tama, pumunta ka.
ganun din sa mga susunod na shows like Dec. 12's A Better Hope Foundation and Dec. 19's Graveyard Fellowship at marami pang iba Smile

thanks! I feel...special...kidding...I'll try sa WATT...I have a 6-9 class na drafting eh...though ill be coming from Taft...if you guys could point me out to or inform the right people to talk to, it would be much appreciated...

we could also make a music video as entry for the Ateneo Video Open...haha...yung mga gusto at my idea magsabi lang...(longshot to...pero nagbabakasali lang.)

-Raffy
Back to top Go down
zomgwtfsrsly

zomgwtfsrsly

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary   Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 9:46 pm

Btw...25mins ang max ng docu btw...
Back to top Go down
dweedhxc

dweedhxc

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary   Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 10:21 am

its about time cheers
Back to top Go down
http://diypinoyhcpunk.com
Roman

Roman

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary   Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 10:52 am

zomgwtfsrsly wrote:
zepol wrote:

thanks! I feel...special...kidding...I'll try sa WATT...I have a 6-9 class na drafting eh...though ill be coming from Taft...if you guys could point me out to or inform the right people to talk to, it would be much appreciated...

we could also make a music video as entry for the Ateneo Video Open...haha...yung mga gusto at my idea magsabi lang...(longshot to...pero nagbabakasali lang.)

-Raffy

sige bro punta ka sa watt so that makatulong kami kung ano man ang maitutulong naman salamat bro

-STAY TRUE DOWNTOWN SAMPCORE SYNDICATE
Back to top Go down
http://sampcore.blogspot.com
zomgwtfsrsly

zomgwtfsrsly

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary   Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 11:37 am

Roman wrote:
zomgwtfsrsly wrote:
zepol wrote:

-Raffy

sige bro punta ka sa watt so that makatulong kami kung ano man ang maitutulong naman salamat bro

If ever I'm not able to come, can I interview you guys some other time? Compromiso kasi sa klase...pero, kelangan ko din siempre ng clips and pics from shows so I most definitely have to attend other shows...
Back to top Go down
tadsz

tadsz

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary   Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 1:32 pm

padala mo sakin yung videocam mo jao lol!
Back to top Go down
http://positivethinkingwontdoanything.blogspot.com/
xtreblinkalovescenex

xtreblinkalovescenex

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary   Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 1:36 pm

raf, naalala ko tuloy we're in the process of making a documentary for the history of davao city punk rock, i wonder what happened to the rest of the footage. alam ko lang dun is i'm getting interviewed for the current era dito sa amin since i'm one of the new kids. haha

sana tuloy tong mga efforts natin. haha
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/caitlynbailey
Roman

Roman

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary   Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 8:46 am

Roman wrote:
zomgwtfsrsly wrote:
zepol wrote:

-Raffy

ok no prob just let us know cheers
Back to top Go down
http://sampcore.blogspot.com
zomgwtfsrsly

zomgwtfsrsly

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary   Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary EmptySat Nov 29, 2008 1:15 am

Roman wrote:
Roman wrote:
zomgwtfsrsly wrote:
zepol wrote:

-Raffy

ok no prob just let us know cheers

'di talaga ako nakasama sa WATT. Si tadsz kasi mago-overnight pa...dein ako marunong pauwi...ghahaha...sayang...Roman pa-pm naman ng number mo...kontakin na lang kita dun kung ok lang sayo...I think that would be easier than waiting for posts here in the thread...thanks!

xtreblinkalovescenex wrote:
raf, naalala ko tuloy we're in the process of making a documentary for the history of davao city punk rock, i wonder what happened to the rest of the footage. alam ko lang dun is i'm getting interviewed for the current era dito sa amin since i'm one of the new kids. haha

sana tuloy tong mga efforts natin. haha

buti pa nga kayo my nasimulan na...ako mejo nangangapa pa, since bago ako sa pag gawa ng film na ganto...goodluck jan! Sana mapanuod namin yan pagkatapos.

--

Shows on the 12th and 19th kailangan na talaga makapunta...haha..
Back to top Go down
fearlessvampirenagger

fearlessvampirenagger

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary   Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 1:32 pm

NOTE TO OP: IT'S "MY FRIEND AND I"

ANYWAY, KUNG MAGKATOTOO MAN TOH...

I STILL WANT MY SHOUTOUTS!

OH, AND LOTS OF BAYOWLENT POOTEYDJS PLEASE.

TIRED OF POSI PINGGER-POINTING AND BODY-SERPING. LOL!
Back to top Go down
zomgwtfsrsly

zomgwtfsrsly

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary   Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 7:44 pm

fearlessvampirenagger wrote:
NOTE TO OP: IT'S "MY FRIEND AND I"

ANYWAY, KUNG MAGKATOTOO MAN TOH...

I STILL WANT MY SHOUTOUTS!

OH, AND LOTS OF BAYOWLENT POOTEYDJS PLEASE.

TIRED OF POSI PINGGER-POINTING AND BODY-SERPING. LOL!

Same bananas...

you can have all your "shoutouts" but not in this video...
Back to top Go down
fearlessvampirenagger

fearlessvampirenagger

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary   Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 2:56 pm

zomgwtfsrsly wrote:
Same bananas...
WRONG.

zomgwtfsrsly wrote:
you can have all your "shoutouts" but not in this video...
ZOMGGGWTFSRLY??? NO??? ZOMGGGGGGG!!!!!
Back to top Go down
electric_dynamite
hoodlum
electric_dynamite

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary   Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 3:00 pm

hehehe....

zomgwtfsrsly dude... if ever this succeeds.. i hope the video would be available for free.. perhaps download able thru the net. cyclops

is it a green light on the 12th?
Back to top Go down
fearlessvampirenagger

fearlessvampirenagger

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary   Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 3:04 pm

I'LL TELL YOU WHAT RIGHT NOW...

"I HAVE A DRAFTING CLASS FROM 6PM-9PM"

LOLZ!!! BOOK IT!
Back to top Go down
tadsz

tadsz

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary   Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 4:24 pm

LOLZ!!! BOOK IT!

onga onga lol!
Back to top Go down
gauzepunk

gauzepunk

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary   Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 3:37 am

RAF....

click mo yng link below for reference...

http://homepages.nyu.edu/~cch223/mainpage.html

also,FREE DOWNLOADS kung trip nyo old skool punk/hardcore
fr around the world

http://www.kbdrecords.com/

ERIC
Back to top Go down
zomgwtfsrsly

zomgwtfsrsly

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary   Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 1:35 am

LOLZ!!! BOOK IT!

Haha.. Loko loko... Luckily, finals ko na this week, so sa 12th...malamang wala na ako pasok... soo...

electric_dynamite wrote:
hehehe....

zomgwtfsrsly dude... if ever this succeeds.. i hope the video would be available for free.. perhaps download able thru the net. cyclops

is it a green light on the 12th?

Yep...It's a go...You guys have to help me...ako lang ang makakapunta this time...

gauzepunk wrote:
RAF....

click mo yng link below for reference...

http://homepages.nyu.edu/~cch223/mainpage.html

also,FREE DOWNLOADS kung trip nyo old skool punk/hardcore
fr around the world

http://www.kbdrecords.com/

ERIC

thanks man... much appreciated...

TADSZ...BUMILI KA NA NG BASS...
Back to top Go down
tadsz

tadsz

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary   Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 10:08 am

zomgwtfsrsly wrote:

TADSZ...BUMILI KA NA NG BASS...

affraid mixed emotions Neutral
Back to top Go down
zomgwtfsrsly

zomgwtfsrsly

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary   Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 11:16 pm

This is disappointing...the docu is still in pre-prod and the submission is on the 9th, I doubt we'll be able to push through with it.
Back to top Go down
xtreblinkalovescenex

xtreblinkalovescenex

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary   Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 12:10 am

zomgwtfsrsly wrote:
This is disappointing...the docu is still in pre-prod and the submission is on the 9th, I doubt we'll be able to push through with it.

you don't have to do it for that contest/filmfest thing. just do it if you're that set. otherwise, lip service lang to among anything else.
Back to top Go down
keida

keida

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary   Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 12:26 pm

word of advice though, this docu you're making has a way too short timeframe to work on.
plus doing it for the sake of joining a contest is a bit off don't you think?

kung hindi umabot, just go ahead with it and keep filming your footage and keep up the research work, at this point you'll be just scratching the surface.
research and a good point of view on how to present the docu without being too generic is a huge consideration. tell a story, and tell it well with good style.

i've been planning a docu of the scene with someone from down south and we still haven't gone past the planning and writing stage kasi there's a lot of people we still have to consider with interviews and footage that would be a crucial representation of the mid 90's, early 2000 and present.

it's hard to get things rolling though due to the shoots and prod work that keeps food on the table.
Back to top Go down
http://xkeidax.deviantart.com
electric_dynamite
hoodlum
electric_dynamite

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary   Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 1:06 pm

keida wrote:
word of advice though, this docu you're making has a way too short timeframe to work on.

kung hindi umabot, just go ahead with it and keep filming your footage and keep up the research work, at this point you'll be just scratching the surface.
research and a good point of view on how to present the docu without being too generic is a huge consideration. tell a story, and tell it well with good style.

i've been planning a docu of the scene with someone from down south and we still haven't gone past the planning and writing stage kasi there's a lot of people we still have to consider with interviews and footage that would be a crucial representation of the mid 90's, early 2000 and present.

it's hard to get things rolling though due to the shoots and prod work that keeps food on the table.

+1,000,000

push through!!!
Back to top Go down
fearlessvampirenagger

fearlessvampirenagger

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary   Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 1:47 pm

I CALLED THIS SHIT. LOL.
Back to top Go down
zomgwtfsrsly

zomgwtfsrsly

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary   Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 9:19 pm

xtreblinkalovescenex wrote:
zomgwtfsrsly wrote:

you don't have to do it for that contest/filmfest thing. just do it if you're that set. otherwise, lip service lang to among anything else.

keida wrote:

electric_dynamite wrote:
keida wrote:

+1,000,000

push through!!!

I get you guys, pero right nao is not a good time. I thought of pushing through with the filming, but just like what Keida said, there's a lot of people we have to consider with interviews. Wouldnt it be awesome if we could find those people who are really credible? Plus, one reason why I cant do this is; as of the moment, I lack the instruments and materials.

I CALLED THIS SHIT. LOL.

If youre so GREAT, why not do it yourself? Maybe you've got so much time in your hand.

Sa totoo lang nakakabastos ka eh. Fearlessvampirenagger.
Back to top Go down
xtreblinkalovescenex

xtreblinkalovescenex

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary   Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 6:06 pm

*braces*
Back to top Go down
chuck

chuck

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary   Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 6:58 pm

Attitude hahaha..cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
chuck

chuck

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary   Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 6:59 pm

chuck wrote:
Attitude daw hahaha..cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
electric_dynamite
hoodlum
electric_dynamite

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary   Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 9:35 am

chuck wrote:
chuck wrote:

chuck why are you quoting your own post!!! lol!

see you later guys!!! hehehe
Back to top Go down
chuck

chuck

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary   Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 1:26 pm

electric_dynamite wrote:
chuck wrote:
chuck wrote:

chuck why are you quoting your own post!!! lol!

see you later guys!!! hehehe

hahaha...ngkamali lng hehehe.
Ayuz party later. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary   Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary Empty

Back to top Go down

Hardcore Scene in Manila Documentary
Page 1 of 1