DIY Pinoy HC/Punk Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DIY Pinoy HC/Punk Message Board

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

European / Filipino Hardcore-PUnk Zine

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mika

Mika

European / Filipino Hardcore-PUnk Zine Empty
PostSubject: European / Filipino Hardcore-PUnk Zine   European / Filipino Hardcore-PUnk Zine EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 6:26 pm

Hello everybody,
magandang hapon!

Sorry, for not speaking much Tagalog or Cebuano!

I'm Mika (30 years old) and writing for several punk zines back in Germany (e. Trust Hardcore Zine, "alleinter threat", Pankerknacker). 'Cause I'm working for a NGO (dealing with the Philippines and especially the human rights situation here) I travel to the country regularly and had a lot of luck to see some of the most exciting bands like Bad Omen, I.O.D., Beauty of Doubt, Half the Battle, Go-Signals, name it ...
Back in Germany I discussed with an old friend to start a global or bi-national zine in English. That's why I would like to ask some of you, if you want to contribute or be part of the team. Chriz, my friend in Berlin, wrote some of his ideas down and I'll just post it here. Feel free to comment ...
We were thinking about a regularly zine (maybe once or twice a year) with a regular team. Maybe three or four people from every country, focussing on the scene in the Philippines, Germany and maybe some other places. It should be a photocopied Din-A5 zine - maybe do it as a .pdf and print it out (and photocopy it) in Germany and in the Philippines seperately, so we save money for the shipment and everyone can print as much as he things he can share.
If you would like to join, please feel free to write or ask me. I'll be at the No Turning Back gig in Freedom Bar on Thursday and also on Friday at the Bad Omen gig in 9 Mile Bar in Quezon City.

See you there,
Ingat,

Mika (mikareckinnen[at]gmx.de)

Hello,
I'm Chriz, 32 years old, living in Berlin/Germany and my life is dominated by work as a youth worker (social worker) and my daughter,
who is 1,5 years old and very active in creating chaos. There is not much time for going to concerts, touring or travelling anymore. But in
my heart the fire keeps burning for the d.i.y. punk/hc/whatever scene.
And I'm still so interested how life looks like in other cities or countries among people who have their roots in the anti-racist diy/punk culture. And I love fanzines! I was quite active in writing and publishing zines a couple of years ago and I just started again, because I need to do something creative beside work and my life as a father. But now, after I put out my first zine (Try to wake up with a smile on your face!) after years the feeling of missing something remains. And I know what it is. I really prefer to make a zine as being part of a collective.

Maybe 2 years ago my friend Mika asked me, if I would like to start an international zine with a strong link to the Philipines. I was very interested, but due to a lack of time I sayed no. Now I wanna pick up this idea of a fanzine with people from the Philipines and Germany, written in English, containing regular columns from people from all over the world, with reviews of records and zines, and with stories from travelling and politics and punk/hc/?? and daily life. What I like is a personal perspective and a positive attitude. But these are just some of my ideas. If there are interested people I would suggest to get to know eachother maybe by using skype and to share the different ideas and then decide all together how it should looks like.

What do you think about it? Please get in touch with Mika or/and with
me (chriz[at]posicore.de)
Back to top Go down
vonzilla)))

vonzilla)))

European / Filipino Hardcore-PUnk Zine Empty
PostSubject: Re: European / Filipino Hardcore-PUnk Zine   European / Filipino Hardcore-PUnk Zine EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 3:53 pm

hey i wanna contribute to yer zine, im in a band here in california, maybe we can submit music for review... hit me back, thanks..
Back to top Go down

European / Filipino Hardcore-PUnk Zine
Page 1 of 1