DIY Pinoy HC/Punk Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DIY Pinoy HC/Punk Message Board

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cheaper way to text my relatives in the Philippines..

Go down 
+2
jep_peligro
riojade01
6 posters
AuthorMessage
riojade01

Cheaper way to text my relatives  in the Philippines.. Empty
PostSubject: Cheaper way to text my relatives in the Philippines..   Cheaper way to text my relatives  in the Philippines.. EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 2:13 am

I would like to say 'thank you' for the person who created this site.. I'm from California and I have this very close cousin of mine in the Philippines. She is an admirer of almost all kind of rock band and she keeps on telling me to send her original cd's. I'm very willing to send her those that are listed here in your site. The problem is that i have to send a message to my cousin then and now to ask her of the specific titles of the song that she like. My communication with my cousin is altered by this very expensive international sms rate.. Does anyone in this site of an alternative way of sending a cheaper text message to the Philippines?
Back to top Go down
jep_peligro

jep_peligro

PostSubject: Re: Cheaper way to text my relatives in the Philippines..   Cheaper way to text my relatives  in the Philippines.. EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 3:11 am

try chikka.com, all you have to do is register a pre-paid philippine sim card number (i use the Globe network, not really sure if the Smart network works too) and then all's you have to do is send sms messages to her number here.

that's how i text people there and vice versa.
(if they have a philippine sim card # there, set to roaming, they get my sms on that #.)

just pm me if what i said is confusing. and yeah, we'd all like to say thank you,too to the gang who cooked up this site. they just had thier 2nd anniversary last august. cheers!
Back to top Go down
http://therealstrength.blogspot.com/
electric_dynamite
hoodlum
electric_dynamite

PostSubject: Re: Cheaper way to text my relatives in the Philippines..   Cheaper way to text my relatives  in the Philippines.. EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 3:12 am

ask your cousin if she could make you a chikka account. thats the cheapest. google up chikka.

welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
positivementalattitude
hoodlum
positivementalattitude

PostSubject: Re: Cheaper way to text my relatives in the Philippines..   Cheaper way to text my relatives  in the Philippines.. EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 7:58 am

tell your cousin to just email you.
Back to top Go down
riojade01

PostSubject: Re: Cheaper way to text my relatives in the Philippines..   Cheaper way to text my relatives  in the Philippines.. EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 6:44 am

thank you for all of your replies guys... but is there another alternative way on which i don't need to use my pc?
Back to top Go down
electric_dynamite
hoodlum
electric_dynamite

PostSubject: Re: Cheaper way to text my relatives in the Philippines..   Cheaper way to text my relatives  in the Philippines.. EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 11:02 pm

none that i know of. im guessing your best option is your pc.
Back to top Go down
jsonangelo

jsonangelo

PostSubject: Re: Cheaper way to text my relatives in the Philippines..   Cheaper way to text my relatives  in the Philippines.. EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 12:05 pm

electric_dynamite wrote:
none that i know of. im guessing your best option is your pc.

get a roaming sim from globe or smart. You can ask your cousin to do that for you Wink
Back to top Go down
robe2288

PostSubject: Re: Cheaper way to text my relatives in the Philippines..   Cheaper way to text my relatives  in the Philippines.. EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 4:01 am

hey. check out www.spidertext.com. a cell phone and a US carrier is all you need.. their international sms rate is very cheap. really. I've been using their service to text my family in the Philippines for 3 years now. great customer sevice and a very cheap sms rate.... really cheapppp.. try it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheaper way to text my relatives in the Philippines..   Cheaper way to text my relatives  in the Philippines.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Cheaper way to text my relatives in the Philippines..
Page 1 of 1