DIY Pinoy HC/Punk Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DIY Pinoy HC/Punk Message Board

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80

Go down 
+39
tat's boy
selo is the name
Morid0420
killarvz
hubert webb
XBRYANX
odessa
miyong
xxxImjustagirlxxx
no love lost
kapitbahay
NIGGATRON
oldskulmamah
xjanusx
desperate_move
tadsz
NewYorkCubaoHardCorn
komradkamote
coffeemugazine
sister brad
xtreblinkalovescenex
motmot
speech_defect
toxik-orgasma
Jepoyic
CorixNbzine
m(A)rcor(E)
mr. swansong
termulator
skyrill
allroy9
radikal_froi
positivementalattitude
jep_peligro
francis
dweedhxc
refusetoloose
pierminator
kire
43 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
kire

kire

pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 Empty
PostSubject: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80"s 90"s or now in the scene   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 4:27 am

for me.. 90"s is the most expiremental era of the scene,where are all those guys werring loose pant's and shirt...??during the time we don't have you tube napakasarap manuod ng banda sa vhs or just to read on the zine...but the decade of 90's is just a history ... are yoou missing the 90"s???
Back to top Go down
pierminator

pierminator

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 4:37 am

Nothing beats 90's! where it all started. From Mc hammer to Pantera, white zombie, liquid tv, beavis and butthead... and more.
Back to top Go down
refusetoloose

refusetoloose

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 5:17 am

90's is the best..still thinking of 90'S UNTILL TODAY it's all good memory all the great bands and the scene....ofcourse the music... everytime i see video ,picts..nakka miss... and syempre yung mga getups,,,,
Back to top Go down
dweedhxc

dweedhxc

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 5:28 am

80's and 90's, todays scene? uhmmmm i dunno
Back to top Go down
http://diypinoyhcpunk.com
francis

francis

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 11:47 am

good ol' 90's.

though i was young back then. id still pick old nyhc stuff over new nyhc breeds.
Back to top Go down
jep_peligro

jep_peligro

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 12:33 pm

ahahaha

kung andito ang tandem oldies alam nyo na sagot...

80's was great. we needed the 80's to get it started.
even though the punk scene exploded in the us/uk back in 76-77,
we were only able to catch up during the early 80's, with the help of
the TRC label (by MadamTommy T) and his/her Brave New World gigs..

90's was better in the sense that this was the time I personally got to
be involved in the scene.. 16 rs old growing up, having all these UG bands as yr friends,
going to the provinces to watch some very very UG gigs, this was where I grew up in the scene.
music wise, i dunno, but evrything boils back to the 80's hc/punk sound, add a little of this sound,
add a little of that sound.. but the 90's bands were ok. and im talking about LOCAL bands.
when i wasnt yet into metal, i got to see great metal bands perform live at gigs.
i learned to appreciate hc bands more cos i thought i only loved the punk sounds of yesteryears..

the scene now (y2k) is better in the sense that even though we're all miles away from each other,
we can get connected with like-minded indiviiduals easily through channels like the www,
sms mssging, etc. imagine the scene before when we had to write and use the rotten phil.postal srvc
just so we could communicate with our friends from far places.
and im talking bout the local scene here. doing a zine and writing snail mail to yr contacts in
davao, bulacan, cebu, lucena etc, etc.. imagine that.

musically? the sound that we knew as hardcore/punk back then has now evolved to an unprecedented
scale where people now get fucking confused when some noobs inject the term skrams into what was once considered as emo.
not that it's a bad thing but this scene that we all know, will continue to grow and evolve and spread further
long after we're old, long after we're gone.. that is a good thing, i know.
the scene has grown to where some weeknights, there's gonna be a UG gig in baguio and there's another one in mla the same
night, you know? mas masaya ngayon kasi mas maraming involved at pume-penetrate sa eksena.

yes we're still a minority but every fucking one counts for me. i dont care what you label yourself,
the underground is underground. and DIY is DIY. either you're in or go hangout with wolpgang and kamikazee

teka- nag iistray away na naman ako sa topic e.
hahahaha

so here goes.. sa 80's ako. panalo ang 80's sound ng pinas at ng us/uk nung 80's e.
at pinanganak kase ko 80's e.

pag nag sounds na ako ng GI & the Idiots at Exploited e i'd say thank god, there's 80's...
Back to top Go down
http://therealstrength.blogspot.com/
positivementalattitude
hoodlum
positivementalattitude

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 1:40 pm

the early 80's was the start..

they had twisted red cross to back them up for shows and releases (although may released dn sa ibang "smaller labels") so walang problema when it came to releasing stuff. they had tommy tanchangco then, who eventually left the scene..the shows were more violent, the more people got involved, the more the scene gets dilluted, the more it got "dumb"? i don't know it that's the proper term so...

late 80's - early 90's : metal started creeping within the scene, deceased, reeboks, etc..the philippine violaters started rmd label, fishbone started middle finger production, the scene went to its second wave (94 - 96), drastic noise, la 105.9, bad omen..shows were once again huge, and of course it met its usual demise...

around 97 was when i got actively involved, so i guess i'm biased towards this era..from 97 to 2003, i guess..from being a 'manila-based" scene, more people got in touch with each other through mail-order, correspondence, etc: crossxblood, myo, everyone was doing zines, active scenes and venues then were KILLA JOHNS, sta. rosa city, manila crustcore, pacita complex, cavite hardcore fest...

international acts who visited the phils. include code 13 and himsa..and the infamous aus-rotten cancelled tour because of the toothache..hehe..

unlike in this day and age of myspace and internet message boards, shows then were promoted thru flyers and word of mouth..records were shared thru tape-dubbing, etc..it is very easy to be a hardcore punk kid in a day's work..i guess that's the difference between the scene then and now..it lacks HEART..although now, local bands have been touring the southeast asian region and more contacts are being added on a megabyte basis, so that's the positive side of it..

the 97-03 era was the best era for me!! that will be a time we'll remember!!!
Back to top Go down
radikal_froi

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 1:20 pm

The 90's was better. Everyone seems to have lots of energy. Energy put into making zines, starting bands, tape labels and other activities. One good part was the fact that bands from different genres play together. The 90's should go down as the golden age of the underground scene in Philippines...
Back to top Go down
allroy9

allroy9

PostSubject: :: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80"s 90"s or now in the scene   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 4:09 pm

As a music fan myself, i'd say that the 80's has been the groundbreaking stage of Pinoy Punk Rock, becoz each band had their own sound even if its not really that original (most of them were always influencedby either brit or western punk). But back then, you could really tell which band is which.None of thjem really sounded the same, hence, their own signature sound. I personally haven't really enjoyed much of this as i was just playing teks and breakdancing inside the catholic school in bulacan, where the wave of punk rock reached our soils during the latter part of the 80's underground (it was the crossover era) where bands were getting long hairs.

Now the 90's, it was really experimental for me becoz just when Hair Metal was flooding the airwaves and Video Hit Parade,when punk was going into the sink (pop punk with long hairs) came the guitar intro that destroyed everything on its path, it was "Smells Like" by some band called Nirvana.It was that era where the whole seattle thing just creeped up, i was in my college then, my peers would dig deeper into that sound and saw this film called "The Year That Punk Broke", it was Sonic Youth, Dinosaur Jr.,Nirvana and even some Gumball and babes In Toyland, we thought "wow, puta punk pa ren to oh, pero iba yung approach!" So we started gettin into that sound, which was way apart from what was happening in that era. The trouble was, we cant get any gigs because nobody wanted a band that plays "alternative" just because they had no idea what we were doing apart from their "sex & violence, anarchy and sid vicious" type of punk rock.Locally, i would consider the 90's punk rock to be divided into 3 stages, there was the a.) 1990 to 1993 - where the underground was still recovering from the 80's and good bands started springin up like bad omen (yeah!), psychotic change, KNK, Askals, bands who also had distinct sound.Then came b.) 1994 to 1996 - where this radio station LA 105 created a whole lotta mess by playin crap music from crappy bands, glue punks were everywhere and hiphop bashing ignorant fucks were hangin out at Megamall.( I abhor this era so badly that i detached myself from what was happenin and get on with my "alternative" projects, listened to Helmet and Sugar and played Biohazard / Helmet / Quicksand type of stuffs with my then band, then i also did a small project with Kiko, Smile Plenty's drummer and played really noisy experimental shit.),during this era, i could only relate to bands like Dead Ends (pa rin), Tame The Tikbalang and Feet Like Fins. then c.) 1997 to 1999 - where good bands started to create a scene of their own apart from what was happenin in the crappy side, perhaps the third wave of ska had sumthin to do with it coz most of the bands that came out were ska-influenced punk rock, there were the Toilet Skandals, Cartoon Massacre etc.

My 2 cents. Good day!
Back to top Go down
skyrill

skyrill

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 2:24 am

honestly all

from 80's newwave era and psychedelic rock to no wave and coldwave music transitions ok na since nag eevolve taste ko sa music

to early 90's grunge, punkrock, grind, indie na sobrang halo halo up until ma involve and mag stick ako for years going to shows specifically for crust,skins,punkrock and hc shows (as far as i remmember mas madalas ko nakikita sa show n4s,lassengos,obnoxious,ada,bod and more)

to 2000 era na mas na stuck na lng ako sa punkrock,grind,indie and thats it

so to some it up, eversince i hook my old crappy walkman back when i was i kid i enjoy most of the part of it Wink
Back to top Go down
termulator

termulator

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 5:14 am

Ako bata ako kaya di ko inabot yung 80's e...lol!
ang alam ko sa 80's e si Ninoy getting shot, july 16th earthquake nung grade 4 ako at the infamous DR. ALBAN....hehehehehe
tamang beatles ako nung elementary days ko e.
i wasnt exposed to the scene that much coz ive been living in Cavite since i could remember and i didnt gave a damn bout going to shows(well i didnt knew how fun it would be back then) that mostly was in manila, makati, las piñas.

90's na nung naexposed ako sa brutal/extreme musick,Sepultura, Pantera, Obituary, etc...(sunday ritual soundtrip)... and yes MARIJUANA!
nadiskobre ko lang yung punk dun sa tropa kong si jef na tumitira ng syrup at natuto naman ako ng palm muting kay Emman Hizon(he eventually joined a militant group and trashed the senate).Emman gave me a copy of DEAD ENDS' Damned Nation & G.I. + Idiots' WOnderful world of garbage, and hell i was hooked on fast aggressive shit. then it was Gigs at the Old Club dredd and other bars that i cant remember...
eventually i got a hold of zines and i was exposed to the local & int HC/punk scene...thanx to the guys in feud..
still i was into trash metal and Marijuana, well up to this day. as they say "you'll never forget your first"

well nowadays the music is more insane, from my point of view and bands now are screwed up, making songs you cant describe by genre. well its good that tere is deviation from the stagnation that the Matrix feeds.

well to the question: id say the early and mid 90's... most of the bands i listened then, i still listen to em (especially those you could download...the albums your fucked up friends borrowed and loved em as their own.. mga di marunong magsoli). Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamefaqs.com
mr. swansong
hoodlum
mr. swansong

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 10:18 am

termulator wrote:
...the albums your fucked up friends borrowed and loved em as their own.. mga di marunong magsoli). Sad

i hear yah, brother! you and me both! tangina nila! hahaha!!

90's ako. kasi gagawin pa lang ako nung 80's eh. ahihihihi!! Razz muwang ko sa mga ganyan. hiyawang hiyawan ang mga pokenainang durugista! bwahahaha! Laughing
Back to top Go down
positivementalattitude
hoodlum
positivementalattitude

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 12:46 pm

radikal_froi wrote:
The 90's was better. Everyone seems to have lots of energy. Energy put into making zines, starting bands, tape labels and other activities. One good part was the fact that bands from different genres play together. The 90's should go down as the golden age of the underground scene in Philippines...

i agree radikal froi..iba talaga yun energy ng hardcore kids nung era na to..siguro na fed up sa la105 era (94-96) and drastic noise..haha..

lahat ng involved sa scene gumagalaw, doing zines/newsletters, organizing shows, releasing records, distros, mailorder, everyone knew everyone...

ang bumuhay sa punk rock scene natin non is the suburbs..the scene in manila kinda died down (except for sampcore) and the nearby provinces kicked major ass! batangas, cavite, quezon, bulacan, laguna, pampanga, baguio! even cebu and davao got recognized!

pero syempre, scene politics pa dn, but its all part of the fun called punk rock..

it mellowed down somewhat around 2004 ng magsimula ng magflood ang mp3 era (around 2002, madami na ding mp3s pero mahal pa cd-writer nun kaya di pa dn madali magpakalat ng stuff)..kaya along with the passing of the information, the scene became somewhat "dilluted"..lahat na lang punk rock, naidownload lang ang discogrpahy ng new found glory e ayus na! haha..pero we all got to start somewhere so siguro kung may matirang isa sa bawat fifty persons na nagsimula pa lang e panalo na dn! hehe..hope to see you in 5 years time (or maybe just two? haha)... affraid
Back to top Go down
radikal_froi

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 11:12 pm

Around thaT TIME (2003-onwards) nagkaron ng mga pagbabago, unti-unti nawala mga zines (na may kabuluhan at may sinasabi...) nawala na din mga tapes (which is sad...) kasi madami mp3's and cd burning devices na mura. May mga nagbago for the better at may nagbago for the worst... Maraming naging jaded, pero marami pa din nag-stay sa eksena kahit na "dying cause" na para sa iba...

Sabi nung isang "punk" dito, matira matibay daw ang eksena... pero natutuhan ko nung 90's, it's not "battle of the fittest" but a way to see who's gonna pick the pieces off when we all fall down.

Yeah, I agree. For every 50 person who started with "lame" punk music, sana may matira kahit isa. I'll hold on to that one and hope for the better...
Back to top Go down
m(A)rcor(E)

m(A)rcor(E)

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 9:51 am

80's-90's-00's....

may kaunting pgkakaiba! pero mgkakaugnay tlga! inabot ko lng yung nakataas pa yung kamay ni Vito habang nggigitara pero tumutunog yung gitara nya tpos kumakanta ng YOU'RE all I NEED... hahaha! db mario? andito kb? alam mo to eh! WHITE LION RULEZ...
Back to top Go down
CorixNbzine

CorixNbzine

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 10:54 pm

Late 80's, nag simula na ako makinig ng Black Sabbath, Lynryd Skynrd, PinkFloyd, Deep Purple etc. influence by my older brother, nung early 90's in my 7th grade nakinig na ako ng Metallica, Megadeth, Metal Church etc.

Nung nag migrate kami ng Manila from Surigao somewhere in Mindanao, nagulat ako! "culture shock" kung baga!!! i was in my senior high at that time...you know, mohawks and stuffs, ndi ko nakikita yun. isang probinsyano..hehe

in my freshmen during college, nadiscover ko yung CROSS BLOOD distro...mga around mid 90's yun, dun ako na divirginized pag dating sa U.G...thanx to MOT MOT and REY PEACE and the rest of the strong minded gangs!

so masasabi ko, 90's ang da best for me, dahil dun na ako nag simula e...hehehe!!!

to moderator: ala bang umiinom or nag chochongking icons d2??? hehehe!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
http://nbzine.cjb.net
termulator

termulator

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 1:24 am

corix... walang chonk-iCONS pero solb eron drunken
Back to top Go down
pierminator

pierminator

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 1:45 am

conegro alam ko naabutan mo 70's diba jackson 5 yung idol mo nung mga kabataan mo nun? tsaka menudo tsaka smokey mountain. Kunyari kapang hayup ka

si conegro = 70's daw sabi nya
Back to top Go down
Jepoyic

Jepoyic

PostSubject: Err   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 2:38 am

I like all the freaking year of music. Just no descrimination among us. We listen to what we like and love to listen to.
Back to top Go down
CorixNbzine

CorixNbzine

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 9:39 am

termulator wrote:

oo nga no? pede na to...solve masyado yung icon e now ko lang napansin... Twisted Evil drunken drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
termulator

termulator

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 1:19 pm

pierminator wrote:
conegro alam ko naabutan mo 70's diba jackson 5 yung idol mo nung mga kabataan mo nun? tsaka menudo tsaka smokey mountain. Kunyari kapang hayup ka

tarantado ikaw 50's favorite mo si jerry lee lewis "Great BALLS of fire" nangangantot ng bata. at si elvis prestley "the king Kong". wag ka na magkiala at talagang sadyang matanda ka na lolo juanito.

CorixNbzine wrote:
termulator wrote:

oo nga no? pede na to...solve masyado yung icon e now ko lang napansin... Twisted Evil drunken drunken drunken

solb lang pare hehehe di masyado sindi at alak dito e hahahahha
Back to top Go down
CorixNbzine

CorixNbzine

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 10:43 am

termulator wrote:
pierminator wrote:

tarantado ikaw 50's favorite mo si jerry lee lewis "Great BALLS of fire" nangangantot ng bata. at si elvis prestley "the king Kong". wag ka na magkiala at talagang sadyang matanda ka na lolo juanito.

CorixNbzine wrote:
termulator wrote:

solb lang pare hehehe di masyado sindi at alak dito e hahahahha

oo nga e, pansin ko nga!!! pero ayus lang yun!!! kita kits sa Oct. 3 con ha? Defiled at Hydrophobia!!! headbangan tayo dun!!! at syempre smokass na rin!!! drunken
Back to top Go down
toxik-orgasma

toxik-orgasma

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 4:29 pm

jep_peligro wrote:
ahahaha

kung andito ang tandem oldies alam nyo na sagot...

80's was great. we needed the 80's to get it started.
even though the punk scene exploded in the us/uk back in 76-77,
we were only able to catch up during the early 80's, with the help of
the TRC label (by MadamTommy T) and his/her Brave New World gigs..

90's was better in the sense that this was the time I personally got to
be involved in the scene.. 16 rs old growing up, having all these UG bands as yr friends,
going to the provinces to watch some very very UG gigs, this was where I grew up in the scene.
music wise, i dunno, but evrything boils back to the 80's hc/punk sound, add a little of this sound,
add a little of that sound.. but the 90's bands were ok. and im talking about LOCAL bands.
when i wasnt yet into metal, i got to see great metal bands perform live at gigs.
i learned to appreciate hc bands more cos i thought i only loved the punk sounds of yesteryears..

the scene now (y2k) is better in the sense that even though we're all miles away from each other,
we can get connected with like-minded indiviiduals easily through channels like the www,
sms mssging, etc. imagine the scene before when we had to write and use the rotten phil.postal srvc
just so we could communicate with our friends from far places.
and im talking bout the local scene here. doing a zine and writing snail mail to yr contacts in
davao, bulacan, cebu, lucena etc, etc.. imagine that.

musically? the sound that we knew as hardcore/punk back then has now evolved to an unprecedented
scale where people now get fucking confused when some noobs inject the term skrams into what was once considered as emo.
not that it's a bad thing but this scene that we all know, will continue to grow and evolve and spread further
long after we're old, long after we're gone.. that is a good thing, i know.
the scene has grown to where some weeknights, there's gonna be a UG gig in baguio and there's another one in mla the same
night, you know? mas masaya ngayon kasi mas maraming involved at pume-penetrate sa eksena.

yes we're still a minority but every fucking one counts for me. i dont care what you label yourself,
the underground is underground. and DIY is DIY. either you're in or go hangout with wolpgang and kamikazee

teka- nag iistray away na naman ako sa topic e.
hahahaha

so here goes.. sa 80's ako. panalo ang 80's sound ng pinas at ng us/uk nung 80's e.
at pinanganak kase ko 80's e.

pag nag sounds na ako ng GI & the Idiots at Exploited e i'd say thank god, there's 80's...

[b]I AGREE 100%. 80'S ALL THE WAY!!! THE BEST UNG 80'S AND EVEN YEARS BEFORE THAT!!! OLDSKOOL BABYYYYYYY.bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/grlpride
pierminator

pierminator

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 12:26 am

termulator wrote:
pierminator wrote:

CON JACKSON 5 (J5) hahahaha!
Back to top Go down
termulator

termulator

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 4:35 pm

pierminator wrote:
termulator wrote:
pierminator wrote:

CON JACKSON 5 (J5) hahahaha!

IKAW MICHAEL JACKSON!!! Twisted Evil PERIOD!...
Back to top Go down
speech_defect

speech_defect

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 6:30 pm

allroy9 wrote:
As a music fan myself, i'd say that the 80's has been the groundbreaking stage of Pinoy Punk Rock, becoz each band had their own sound even if its not really that original (most of them were always influencedby either brit or western punk). But back then, you could really tell which band is which.None of thjem really sounded the same, hence, their own signature sound. I personally haven't really enjoyed much of this as i was just playing teks and breakdancing inside the catholic school in bulacan, where the wave of punk rock reached our soils during the latter part of the 80's underground (it was the crossover era) where bands were getting long hairs.

Now the 90's, it was really experimental for me becoz just when Hair Metal was flooding the airwaves and Video Hit Parade,when punk was going into the sink (pop punk with long hairs) came the guitar intro that destroyed everything on its path, it was "Smells Like" by some band called Nirvana.It was that era where the whole seattle thing just creeped up, i was in my college then, my peers would dig deeper into that sound and saw this film called "The Year That Punk Broke", it was Sonic Youth, Dinosaur Jr.,Nirvana and even some Gumball and babes In Toyland, we thought "wow, puta punk pa ren to oh, pero iba yung approach!" So we started gettin into that sound, which was way apart from what was happening in that era. The trouble was, we cant get any gigs because nobody wanted a band that plays "alternative" just because they had no idea what we were doing apart from their "sex & violence, anarchy and sid vicious" type of punk rock.Locally, i would consider the 90's punk rock to be divided into 3 stages, there was the a.) 1990 to 1993 - where the underground was still recovering from the 80's and good bands started springin up like bad omen (yeah!), psychotic change, KNK, Askals, bands who also had distinct sound.Then came b.) 1994 to 1996 - where this radio station LA 105 created a whole lotta mess by playin crap music from crappy bands, glue punks were everywhere and hiphop bashing ignorant fucks were hangin out at Megamall.( I abhor this era so badly that i detached myself from what was happenin and get on with my "alternative" projects, listened to Helmet and Sugar and played Biohazard / Helmet / Quicksand type of stuffs with my then band, then i also did a small project with Kiko, Smile Plenty's drummer and played really noisy experimental shit.),during this era, i could only relate to bands like Dead Ends (pa rin), Tame The Tikbalang and Feet Like Fins. then c.) 1997 to 1999 - where good bands started to create a scene of their own apart from what was happenin in the crappy side, perhaps the third wave of ska had sumthin to do with it coz most of the bands that came out were ska-influenced punk rock, there were the Toilet Skandals, Cartoon Massacre etc.

My 2 cents. Good day!

good one quezo real. siguro dahil sa accessibility ng music (online) medyo taken for granted, kaya pang complacent din. ang advantage lang ngayon mas mabilis ang communication ng mga tao.
Back to top Go down
motmot

motmot

PostSubject: ......   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 7:34 pm

ANG TATANDA NYO NA!!! HAHAHA!

ALTHOUGH IVE WITNESSED THE EVOLUTION OF "PUNK" AND "HARDCORE" EVER SINCE I LAID MY EYES ON THOSE BANDS PLAYING AT THE LAST 2 BRAVE NEW WORLD GIGS BACK IN THE MID 80'S....IVE ALWAYS HAVE THE NOSTALGIA FOR THE 90'S SCENE. 80'S WAS JUST PURE FUCKIN REBELLION, DRUGS, VIOLENCE AND PUNK FASHION! ONLY A FEW FRIENDS WOULD STILL LAST UP TO THIS DAY AND HAD MANAGED TO EMBRACE AND RESPECT THE CHANGES BOTH MUSICALLY AND THE IDEALS OF THE MOVEMENT....AND SEE THEM MOSH AND SING ALONG TO BANDS LIKE FEUD OR HALF THE BATTLE AND EVEN LIKED OUR MUSIC... WHILE OTHER PEOPLE I KNOW BACK THEN, WAS STILL STUCK TO THE IDEALS OF 80'S DRUG/BUM PUNK WITH LITTLE RESPECT FOR ANYTHING EXCEPT GETTING DRUNK AND WASTED...OTHERS WOULD JUST PROBABLY SAY ITS THE 80'S JUST TO GET STREET CREDS AND SHIT......THERE IS NOTHING POSITIVE IN THE 80'S! THE SCENE SURVIVED BECOZ OTHERS EMBRACED AND ACCEPTED THE CHANGES AND MADE SOMETHING OUT OF IT....IT PISSES ME OF WHEN SOME OLD SCHOOL DUDE KEEPS BLABBING HOW GREAT WAS THE 80'S AND SHIT...ESPECIALLY THOSE BANDS WHICH I WILL NEVER FORGET THEM QUOTING "HARDCORE OR PUNK IS DEAD" OR "HARDCORE OR PUNK WAS THE 80'S" AND NOW OUT OF THE WOOD WORK THEY'RE YOUR FAVORITE BANDS....FUCK IT! I WAS THERE...AND ALL I CAN REMEMBER WAS GETTING DRUNK, GETTING INTO FIGHTS, GETTING ARRESTED BY COPS AND SADLY , FRIENDS DYING OF OVERDOSE, MURDERED BY COPS (SALVAGE AS THEY CALL IT BACK THEN)...AND OF COURSE LISTENING TO BLACK FLAG, DRI AND SHIT....IT WAS FUN THOUGH HEHEHE

SO, YES I'LL GO FOR THE 90'S...EARLY 90'S LATE 80'S TO BE PRECISE. THE TIME OF ZINES AND TAPE TRADING WAS IN ITS EARLY STAGE...

METALIZED!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/isvarah
jep_peligro

jep_peligro

PostSubject: pls.post your honest opinion   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 8:24 pm

ayun o, di nakatiis. nyahahahaha panalo pag nagsalita eh.
tado ka mot, punta ako dyan bukas.

dessstroyin kita! dvd ha...
Back to top Go down
xtreblinkalovescenex

xtreblinkalovescenex

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 9:27 pm

i would've wanted to see the scene here circa 1997-2005.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/caitlynbailey
positivementalattitude
hoodlum
positivementalattitude

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 12:03 am

motmot wrote:

ALTHOUGH IVE WITNESSED THE EVOLUTION OF "PUNK" AND "HARDCORE" EVER SINCE I LAID MY EYES ON THOSE BANDS PLAYING AT THE LAST 2 BRAVE NEW WORLD GIGS BACK IN THE MID 80'S....IVE ALWAYS HAVE THE NOSTALGIA FOR THE 90'S SCENE. 80'S WAS JUST PURE FUCKIN REBELLION, DRUGS, VIOLENCE AND PUNK FASHION! ONLY A FEW FRIENDS WOULD STILL LAST UP TO THIS DAY AND HAD MANAGED TO EMBRACE AND RESPECT THE CHANGES BOTH MUSICALLY AND THE IDEALS OF THE MOVEMENT....AND SEE THEM MOSH AND SING ALONG TO BANDS LIKE FEUD OR HALF THE BATTLE AND EVEN LIKED OUR MUSIC... WHILE OTHER PEOPLE I KNOW BACK THEN, WAS STILL STUCK TO THE IDEALS OF 80'S DRUG/BUM PUNK WITH LITTLE RESPECT FOR ANYTHING EXCEPT GETTING DRUNK AND WASTED...OTHERS WOULD JUST PROBABLY SAY ITS THE 80'S JUST TO GET STREET CREDS AND SHIT......THERE IS NOTHING POSITIVE IN THE 80'S! THE SCENE SURVIVED BECOZ OTHERS EMBRACED AND ACCEPTED THE CHANGES AND MADE SOMETHING OUT OF IT....IT PISSES ME OF WHEN SOME OLD SCHOOL DUDE KEEPS BLABBING HOW GREAT WAS THE 80'S AND SHIT...ESPECIALLY THOSE BANDS WHICH I WILL NEVER FORGET THEM QUOTING "HARDCORE OR PUNK IS DEAD" OR "HARDCORE OR PUNK WAS THE 80'S" AND NOW OUT OF THE WOOD WORK THEY'RE YOUR FAVORITE BANDS....FUCK IT! I WAS THERE...AND ALL I CAN REMEMBER WAS GETTING DRUNK, GETTING INTO FIGHTS, GETTING ARRESTED BY COPS AND SADLY , FRIENDS DYING OF OVERDOSE, MURDERED BY COPS (SALVAGE AS THEY CALL IT BACK THEN)...AND OF COURSE LISTENING TO BLACK FLAG, DRI AND SHIT....IT WAS FUN THOUGH HEHEHE

SO, YES I'LL GO FOR THE 90'S...EARLY 90'S LATE 80'S TO BE PRECISE. THE TIME OF ZINES AND TAPE TRADING WAS IN ITS EARLY STAGE...

METALIZED!

ey-men!!! hehehe... lol!
Back to top Go down
sister brad
bodyguard
sister brad

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 2:34 am

the 90's for sure.
Back to top Go down
speech_defect

speech_defect

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 9:10 pm

motmot wrote:

METALIZED!

mot - a living witness to the evolution of punk and hardcore (kaya panalo si mot sa interview eh tanda mo yun double whammy nyo ni ray sa UPLB para sa thought market). mot sana magpost ka ng pics ng iba't ibang fashion sense mo mula nung days of yore he he he
Back to top Go down
coffeemugazine

coffeemugazine

PostSubject: lates 90's syempre!!!   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 1:27 pm

lates 90's syempre!!! sa killah john at kung san sang probinsya hehehehe..
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/coffeemugazine
komradkamote

komradkamote

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 11:05 am

Mga UGOK!!! It doesnt matter if 80's or 90's as long as your still involve in the DIY PINOY HC/PUNK Scene today! Mag muni-muni ka hanggang gusto mo nun nakaraan, taena Paoldskul, new skul effect pa kayo hanggang gusto nyo pero ito lang yun: DONT SIT BACK, MAKE IT HAPPEN! SUPPORT YOUR DIY HC PUNK SCENE TODAY! lol! PA old skul effect eh wala ka pa 30 anyos! Eh meron na nga lagpas 40 anyos aktibo pa rin sa eksena pero di nagmamagaling o nagmamarunong. Ano backstabbing kamo sa net forum? eh taena masasaksak ka na lang sa likod nun 80's. Ganon kami noon, ganito pa rin ba ngayon? MAgbayad naman kayo sa gig.

[i]
Back to top Go down
NewYorkCubaoHardCorn

NewYorkCubaoHardCorn

PostSubject: old skul new skul no skul   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 5:54 pm

tama si komrad kamote.
old skul. new skul. no skul. skul bukol.
hardcore punk. punk hardcore. paking hardcore. hard paking core.
yo! ay binaligtad lang na oi! hoy!
ang maganda sa eksena yung may makikita kang mga bagong mukha tska mga luma
katawan lang ang tumatanda

pahabol:
nga pala, NEW WAVE'S NOT DEAD!
wala pa ring tatalo sa CHONG ng 80s hehehe. afro
Back to top Go down
http://planetangpapel.blogspot.com
dweedhxc

dweedhxc

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 12:11 am

what's with the swearing guys? Laughing
Back to top Go down
NewYorkCubaoHardCorn

NewYorkCubaoHardCorn

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 7:50 pm

dweedhxc wrote:
what's with the swearing guys? Laughing

uh, i think it's like the !exclamation mark! to emphasize a point hehehe. Exclamation
Back to top Go down
tadsz

tadsz

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 10:37 pm

basta masayang masaya na ako na naabutan ko 'tong meron ngayon.
Back to top Go down
http://positivethinkingwontdoanything.blogspot.com/
pierminator

pierminator

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 11:41 pm

komradkamote wrote:
Mga UGOK!!! It doesnt matter if 80's or 90's as long as your still involve in the DIY PINOY HC/PUNK Scene today! Mag muni-muni ka hanggang gusto mo nun nakaraan, taena Paoldskul, new skul effect pa kayo hanggang gusto nyo pero ito lang yun: DONT SIT BACK, MAKE IT HAPPEN! SUPPORT YOUR DIY HC PUNK SCENE TODAY! lol! PA old skul effect eh wala ka pa 30 anyos! Eh meron na nga lagpas 40 anyos aktibo pa rin sa eksena pero di nagmamagaling o nagmamarunong. Ano backstabbing kamo sa net forum? eh taena masasaksak ka na lang sa likod nun 80's. Ganon kami noon, ganito pa rin ba ngayon? MAgbayad naman kayo sa gig.

[i]

ang alam ko ang gusto lang ng forum na to kung ano yung pinaka gusto mong era hindi yung mag pasikat kung ano yung era na malupit na naabutan mo. Hindi naman porket matanda ka na sa eksena e malupit ka na. Wala naman atang palupitan dito ah.

yun lang wala na
Back to top Go down
refusetoloose

refusetoloose

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 11:51 pm

komradkamote wrote:

[i]
sa pag kakaiintindi ko eh post your honest opinion wich era of music you like most that's a personal answer..kung ano lang ang trip mung music wheather it's 90's or 80's or what so ever,,walng usapan ng oldschol or newschool or the age involved..walng pagalingan kung ano lang ang trip mong era,,,just what mot mot says naging honest sya sa sinabi..and what you like and trip mo walang sinabi sa forum patandaan o palupitan,, Sleep
Back to top Go down
desperate_move

desperate_move

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 7:37 am

CGURO YUNG KINAMULATAN KONG EKSENA AY 90´S .. PERO YUNG MGA ROOT NG EKSENANG ITO AY YUNG MGA INFLUENCES NG 80´S. SO FOR ME, IT ALL BOILS DOWN TO HOW EVERYONE APPRECIATE SCENE. I LOVE BAD BRAINS, CRO-MAGS, DYS, IMPACT UNIT, SSD, MINOR THREATH, TEEN IDLES, WHICH WERE EARLY 80´S BAND, BUT YUNG PAG APPRECIATE NG MUSIC PRA SKIN AY KUN ANO PRIN ANG PRESENT... MERON LNG ROOT N HINDI NTIN KAYANG KALIMUTAN.. NSA DUGO SABI NILA... PARTY P RIN!!! CHILL OUT!!!
Back to top Go down
jep_peligro

jep_peligro

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 8:57 am

good morning kids!
and oldies alike!!!

PARTY NA!!!

uds! uds! uds! uds!
CHAIRS!!! drunken drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
CorixNbzine

CorixNbzine

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 2:02 pm

komradkamote wrote:

[i]

mainit lang ata ulo nitong si KomradKamote e... drunken drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
komradkamote

komradkamote

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 2:42 pm

Pasensya po pero nabulabog ko ba ang bahay ng bubuyog or nabuksan ko ba ang lata puno ng bulate?
Back to top Go down
desperate_move

desperate_move

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 1:51 am

ito ang nkakapagpasaya s thread n ito... uds!! uds!! uds!!! uds!!! party lng....
Back to top Go down
refusetoloose

refusetoloose

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 6:29 am

desperate_move wrote:
ito ang nkakapagpasaya s thread n ito... uds!! uds!! uds!!! uds!!! party lng....

Sleep

erk pa party k sa birthday mo...tanda mo na ...

balik tayo sa original topic ng thread....
Back to top Go down
CorixNbzine

CorixNbzine

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 11:57 am

komradkamote wrote:
Pasensya po pero nabulabog ko ba ang bahay ng bubuyog or nabuksan ko ba ang lata puno ng bulate?

eh ano ba para sayo, yung honest opinion mo?? kung alin ang gusto mong era? 90's or 80's? yun yung topic eh!!! drunken drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
dweedhxc

dweedhxc

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 12:07 pm

dapat ata dun sya magpopost sa "ILABAS NA ANG SAMA NG LOOB" thread, nagkamali ata lol!
Back to top Go down
CorixNbzine

CorixNbzine

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 12:09 pm

dweedhxc wrote:
dapat ata dun sya magpopost sa "ILABAS NA ANG SAMA NG LOOB" thread, nagkamali ata lol!

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
NewYorkCubaoHardCorn

NewYorkCubaoHardCorn

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 12:49 pm

i think i've seen a beehive before: everyone's talking but no one's really listening. oh, and bees like :flower:s too.
as to the can of worms, the way everybody's reacting lends credence to it hehehe. 🐷s have worms.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80   pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80 Empty

Back to top Go down

pls.post your honest opinion...wich era of music you like 80
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next