DIY Pinoy HC/Punk Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DIY Pinoy HC/Punk Message Board

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hello I was in Metro manila and found no shows or record stores

Go down 
+4
NIGGATRON
tadsz
Roman
Puti Pinoy Kuya
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Puti Pinoy Kuya

Puti Pinoy Kuya

Hello I was in Metro manila and found no shows or record stores Empty
PostSubject: Hello I was in Metro manila and found no shows or record stores   Hello I was in Metro manila and found no shows or record stores EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 9:14 am

Are there any DIY HC PUNK METAL etc record stores in the Philippines? What about in metro manila? Also I did not find any shows or anything. Where are they and what kinds of people go?

Do many of the urban poor to go shows? I was in squatter areas and slums etc...I saw a few punk hc band shirts but did not get to talk to a lot and some kids who wore them had no clue what the bands were or anything...

I really like filipino culture and was hoping during my time in the country I could have met some punkers or HC kids etc...

I met some skaters my last night in the country and they said they liked punk but who knows...

ok well let me know. Also do any of you people go to USA much or have bands that tour here? I want to know more about Filipino HC/punk/metal etc...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/whitedragonawa
Roman

Roman

PostSubject: Re: Hello I was in Metro manila and found no shows or record stores   Hello I was in Metro manila and found no shows or record stores EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 11:14 am

there is a hardcore punk show later on tonite @ bri-iw bar some old punk bands of phils. will play there the address of the bar is Judge jimenes st. Quezon city yeah if you want to go there txt me i will pm my cel no. ok the show will start @7pm
Back to top Go down
http://sampcore.blogspot.com
Puti Pinoy Kuya

Puti Pinoy Kuya

PostSubject: Re: Hello I was in Metro manila and found no shows or record stores   Hello I was in Metro manila and found no shows or record stores EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 12:31 pm

I would but im not currently in the philippines now.

So is most of the hardcore shows in Quezan city?
Back to top Go down
tadsz

tadsz

PostSubject: Re: Hello I was in Metro manila and found no shows or record stores   Hello I was in Metro manila and found no shows or record stores EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 4:58 pm

hi puti pinoy kuya, uhm the shows section will most definitely help on that: http://www.diypinoyhcpunk.com/shows-f1/
Back to top Go down
http://positivethinkingwontdoanything.blogspot.com/
Puti Pinoy Kuya

Puti Pinoy Kuya

PostSubject: Re: Hello I was in Metro manila and found no shows or record stores   Hello I was in Metro manila and found no shows or record stores EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 12:02 am

Well thanks man but I am not really looking for specific shows. It would be easier if someone just told me the general scene info so I dont have to click on every show link there is to see whatc ity its in.

Where are the enclaves of punks/hardcore kids/skins/metal heads etc? As in what do you usually see in Metro manila? More metalcore? Punk?

Understand? Any help is appreciated.
Back to top Go down
NIGGATRON

PostSubject: Re: Hello I was in Metro manila and found no shows or record stores   Hello I was in Metro manila and found no shows or record stores EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 1:03 am

OK I'LL BITE...

WASSUP MY WHITE PINOY BIG BRUTHA?!! WHAT'S GOOD IN THA 'HOOD?

QUICK QUESTION, HOW OLD ARE YOU?
Back to top Go down
Puti Pinoy Kuya

Puti Pinoy Kuya

PostSubject: Re: Hello I was in Metro manila and found no shows or record stores   Hello I was in Metro manila and found no shows or record stores EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 2:00 am

27. How old are you?
Back to top Go down
zomgwtfsrsly

zomgwtfsrsly

PostSubject: Re: Hello I was in Metro manila and found no shows or record stores   Hello I was in Metro manila and found no shows or record stores EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 1:19 pm

Puti Pinoy Kuya wrote:
Well thanks man but I am not really looking for specific shows. It would be easier if someone just told me the general scene info so I dont have to click on every show link there is to see whatc ity its in.

Where are the enclaves of punks/hardcore kids/skins/metal heads etc? As in what do you usually see in Metro manila? More metalcore? Punk?

Understand? Any help is appreciated.

Scene kids...scene emo...scene punks...stereotypes...

Having the "SHOWS" thread is one of the biggest help since myspace because in there, the shows of DIY HC METAL PUNK and what not bands are there, so you dont have to look for them anywhere else. I havent seen a show's poster stuck on some wall or an electric post. Talking to people helps, but in this place (IRL not diypinoyhcpunk), not many people know about these shows. You could go check out some bars, which I doubt you'd do and there's also little chance you'd find a DIY related show.

I hope youre not trolling...
Back to top Go down
Puti Pinoy Kuya

Puti Pinoy Kuya

PostSubject: Re: Hello I was in Metro manila and found no shows or record stores   Hello I was in Metro manila and found no shows or record stores EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 1:26 pm

What makes you think I am trolling?
And why do you doubt I would check out bars in Metro Manila?

I know the shows forum is good to find out about shows but if one wants to know dynamics about certain areas for the shows and bands etc its better to talk to a person who knows. That is why I posted.

Seriously just forget it...
Back to top Go down
NIGGATRON

PostSubject: Re: Hello I was in Metro manila and found no shows or record stores   Hello I was in Metro manila and found no shows or record stores EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 8:42 am

SWEEEEEEET HOMEEEEEEEE A-LA-BAMAAAA!!!!
Back to top Go down
Jepoyic

Jepoyic

PostSubject: Re: Hello I was in Metro manila and found no shows or record stores   Hello I was in Metro manila and found no shows or record stores EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 6:32 pm

He's not trolling guys >_> I met him on youtube, he trains and does missionary work in manila, and he has good intentions of joining and contributing to shows.

NIGGATRON

Hello I was in Metro manila and found no shows or record stores Youre_Doing-it-wrong

Hello I was in Metro manila and found no shows or record stores Capslock
Back to top Go down
vh_stateofcalamity

vh_stateofcalamity

PostSubject: Re: Hello I was in Metro manila and found no shows or record stores   Hello I was in Metro manila and found no shows or record stores EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 10:34 pm

jinyus na jinyus! hahahaa
Back to top Go down
electric_dynamite
hoodlum
electric_dynamite

PostSubject: Re: Hello I was in Metro manila and found no shows or record stores   Hello I was in Metro manila and found no shows or record stores EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 10:38 pm

Hi Kuya. I wonder; how long were you in the Philippines again? I'm guessing it was only for a short time because you didn't have enough to ask around..plus if ever you asked around, I think you asked the wrong people. Why? Because there are a bunch of people here, who'd be willing even to meet up with you for you to get some shirts and CD's of local bands. And tons of people here who'd kindly wait for you in any location if ever you'd want to meet up and go to a hardcore show.

Anyway, now you know where to head to when you come back here for another visit. I'm sure next time you'd be jumping around with the kids and jumping stages like a spider monkey because we sure have a hell of a scene here.
Back to top Go down
NIGGATRON

PostSubject: Re: Hello I was in Metro manila and found no shows or record stores   Hello I was in Metro manila and found no shows or record stores EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 5:01 am

Jepoyic wrote:
I met him on youtube,]

THAT LINE SCREAMS 101% FAGGOTRISM. I LOL ONCE AGAIN.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello I was in Metro manila and found no shows or record stores   Hello I was in Metro manila and found no shows or record stores Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello I was in Metro manila and found no shows or record stores
Page 1 of 1