DIY Pinoy HC/Punk Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DIY Pinoy HC/Punk Message Board

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Frank Navetta of DESCENDENTS (R.I.P.)

Go down 
+11
miltonhxcx
sister brad
kito
socialwimpy
dweedhxc
ubong
xjanusx
keida
hybrid_moments
Tomh
allroy9
15 posters
AuthorMessage
allroy9

allroy9

Frank Navetta of  DESCENDENTS (R.I.P.) Empty
PostSubject: Frank Navetta of DESCENDENTS (R.I.P.)   Frank Navetta of  DESCENDENTS (R.I.P.) EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 9:13 am

Frank Navetta, founding member of Descendents has passed away. Frank founded the band with Tony Lombardo and Bill Stevenson in 1979. His bandmates made the announcement:

We're very sorry to announce that founding member of The DESCENDENTS, and close friend Frank Navetta passed away on October 31, 2008 after becoming ill over the course of a few days. This is obviously a huge loss for the DESCENDENTS family. His contribution to the band, and to music in general can not be overstated. Frank will be truly missed. We will share information about memorial services when we find out.

Among other classic albums, Frank wrote and played on Milo Goes To College which was an incredibly important and influential record that meant so much to this writer. His work and influence cannot be understated and he will be missed. He left the band and moved to Oregon to become a full time fisherman in 1985.

Go get some bonus cup once you got there Frank.
Back to top Go down
Tomh

Tomh

PostSubject: Re: Frank Navetta of DESCENDENTS (R.I.P.)   Frank Navetta of  DESCENDENTS (R.I.P.) EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 9:46 am

Have been listening to the Descendents non stop since friday
Back to top Go down
http://profiles.friendster.com/tomhill
hybrid_moments

hybrid_moments

PostSubject: Re: Frank Navetta of DESCENDENTS (R.I.P.)   Frank Navetta of  DESCENDENTS (R.I.P.) EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 2:03 pm

what a tragic loss.. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
keida

keida

PostSubject: Re: Frank Navetta of DESCENDENTS (R.I.P.)   Frank Navetta of  DESCENDENTS (R.I.P.) EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 2:57 pm

hayyy...
Back to top Go down
http://xkeidax.deviantart.com
xjanusx

xjanusx

PostSubject: Re: Frank Navetta of DESCENDENTS (R.I.P.)   Frank Navetta of  DESCENDENTS (R.I.P.) EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 7:17 pm

tsk
Back to top Go down
ubong

ubong

PostSubject: Re: Frank Navetta of DESCENDENTS (R.I.P.)   Frank Navetta of  DESCENDENTS (R.I.P.) EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 9:43 pm

descendents is one of my favorite band and their music really made me "oh shit i want to be in a band" and that was so i play drums in settleddown.
descendents...great band...
great loss.... rest in peace Frank...
Back to top Go down
dweedhxc

dweedhxc

PostSubject: Re: Frank Navetta of DESCENDENTS (R.I.P.)   Frank Navetta of  DESCENDENTS (R.I.P.) EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 10:04 pm

RIP
Back to top Go down
http://diypinoyhcpunk.com
socialwimpy

socialwimpy

PostSubject: Re: Frank Navetta of DESCENDENTS (R.I.P.)   Frank Navetta of  DESCENDENTS (R.I.P.) EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 9:40 am

ubong wrote:
descendents is one of my favorite band and their music really made me "oh shit i want to be in a band" and that was so i play drums in settleddown.

descendents rin ang reason kung bakit nabuo ang village idiots 1994-96,naalala ko nung mga highschool palang at paslit sila Jade(coffeemug), favorite band to cover is descendents "silly girl"..... Sad
Back to top Go down
kito

kito

PostSubject: Re: Frank Navetta of DESCENDENTS (R.I.P.)   Frank Navetta of  DESCENDENTS (R.I.P.) EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 10:24 am

socialwimpy wrote:
ubong wrote:

descendents rin ang reason kung bakit nabuo ang village idiots 1994-96,naalala ko nung mga highschool palang at paslit sila Jade(coffeemug), favorite band to cover is descendents "silly girl"..... Sad

atyaka kino kover nyo din dati yung "im not a cool guy anymoreee as if i ever was before" haha tapos mali yung lyrics hehehe
Back to top Go down
kito

kito

PostSubject: Re: Frank Navetta of DESCENDENTS (R.I.P.)   Frank Navetta of  DESCENDENTS (R.I.P.) EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 10:27 am

RIP
Back to top Go down
kito

kito

PostSubject: Re: Frank Navetta of DESCENDENTS (R.I.P.)   Frank Navetta of  DESCENDENTS (R.I.P.) EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 10:37 am

"hope" ang nakapag tawid sakin sa isa sa mga matitinding heartbreak moments ko
Back to top Go down
sister brad
bodyguard
sister brad

PostSubject: Re: Frank Navetta of DESCENDENTS (R.I.P.)   Frank Navetta of  DESCENDENTS (R.I.P.) EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 9:56 am

sad to hear.....
Back to top Go down
ubong

ubong

PostSubject: Re: Frank Navetta of DESCENDENTS (R.I.P.)   Frank Navetta of  DESCENDENTS (R.I.P.) EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 10:03 pm

socialwimpy wrote:
ubong wrote:

oo nga astig! we got to hav a split cd with these guys(vilage idiots) cover pa nmin bikeage. hehehe cool guys!!!
Back to top Go down
miltonhxcx

miltonhxcx

PostSubject: Re: Frank Navetta of DESCENDENTS (R.I.P.)   Frank Navetta of  DESCENDENTS (R.I.P.) EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 3:05 am

ung iba sana wag sumakay sa pagkamtay ng isa sa nag buo sa banda nya. pasintabi na lang. peace. peace be with you. this is a very sad event.
Back to top Go down
Bongga Ka Dhay

Bongga Ka Dhay

PostSubject: Re: Frank Navetta of DESCENDENTS (R.I.P.)   Frank Navetta of  DESCENDENTS (R.I.P.) EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 12:44 pm

Sad news nga ito...

Kakabili ko lang ng Descendents "Liveage" same day noong namatay si Frank....

Ito ang favorite kong puppy punk noong high school pa ako... Got the Time, Wendy, Clean Shits, at Silly Girl..... Naalala ko pa na ito rin ang laging tinutugtog ng Toilet Skandal sa mga gigs....

Nakakalungkot..... hhhaayyyyyy...

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
cameage

cameage

PostSubject: Re: Frank Navetta of DESCENDENTS (R.I.P.)   Frank Navetta of  DESCENDENTS (R.I.P.) EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 10:11 pm

"I just want to say thank you for playing the way you play"

good bye frank. Sad
Back to top Go down
Punk Rock Warlord

Punk Rock Warlord

PostSubject: Re: Frank Navetta of DESCENDENTS (R.I.P.)   Frank Navetta of  DESCENDENTS (R.I.P.) EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 11:25 am

Hey this was a sad news. Since i've been listen to punk music before this is one of my favorite band ever. And until now i always listen to them. We miss you Frank!

Peace!
Back to top Go down
jep_peligro

jep_peligro

PostSubject: Re: Frank Navetta of DESCENDENTS (R.I.P.)   Frank Navetta of  DESCENDENTS (R.I.P.) EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 10:27 pm

RIP sa isa sa mga tatay ng punks.

had i think only half of descendent's stuff. tamang tama naabutan ako ni socialwimpy ng almost complete discog ng ALL...

eto muna soundtrip ko for the meantime... RIP Frankie! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://therealstrength.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frank Navetta of DESCENDENTS (R.I.P.)   Frank Navetta of  DESCENDENTS (R.I.P.) Empty

Back to top Go down

Frank Navetta of DESCENDENTS (R.I.P.)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DIY Pinoy HC/Punk Message Board :: FORUMS :: Music-
Jump to: