DIY Pinoy HC/Punk Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DIY Pinoy HC/Punk Message Board

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anybody from Davao City?

Go down 
+2
xtreblinkalovescenex
M.Y.O. DISTRO
6 posters
AuthorMessage
M.Y.O. DISTRO

M.Y.O. DISTRO

Anybody from Davao City? Empty
PostSubject: Anybody from Davao City?   Anybody from Davao City? EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 9:31 pm

If anyone from Davao in here, let me know, i have a query:

HOW FAR IS THE WATERFRONT INSULAR HOTEL (located in Lanang) FROM THE CITY PROPER SPECIFICALLY J.P. RIZAL AVE.?

It's been years since i've visited Davao and am definitely looking forward to heading back down there to participate in the Annual Veterinary Convention of the Philippine Veterinary Medical Association on February 18 to 20, 2009 at the Waterfront Insular Hotel. I'm planning to stay at the city proper in Sychar Hotel located at J.P. Rizal Ave. beside Victoria Plaza Mall. If Waterfront is too far from the city proper, my plan B is to check-in to any cheap hotel located near the convention site.
I have seen Davao once that was year 2005 when we had a veterinary convention at the Apo View Hotel. i also met then some of the active Davao hardcore and punk scenesters and got a chance to watch the Davao leg gig of Sons of Lucifer (S.O.L.) from Germany during that time held at the Vegas Pub, Rizal Ave., Extension.
Is there a punk / hardcore / death metal gig schedule in Davao from February 18 -21, 2009?

My flight going back to Manila is February 22 at 2 :00 pm.
I also love to get various stuff from Davao for my distro.
I''ll be grateful for any info about my query. Thanks!

GANI
M.Y.O. DISTRO
TAYABAS, QUEZON
Back to top Go down
xtreblinkalovescenex

xtreblinkalovescenex

PostSubject: Re: Anybody from Davao City?   Anybody from Davao City? EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 2:48 pm

M.Y.O. DISTRO wrote:

HOW FAR IS THE WATERFRONT INSULAR HOTEL (located in Lanang) FROM THE CITY PROPER SPECIFICALLY J.P. RIZAL AVE.?

It's been years since i've visited Davao and am definitely looking forward to heading back down there to participate in the Annual Veterinary Convention of the Philippine Veterinary Medical Association on February 18 to 20, 2009 at the Waterfront Insular Hotel. I'm planning to stay at the city proper in Sychar Hotel located at J.P. Rizal Ave. beside Victoria Plaza Mall. If Waterfront is too far from the city proper, my plan B is to check-in to any cheap hotel located near the convention site.
I have seen Davao once that was year 2005 when we had a veterinary convention at the Apo View Hotel. i also met then some of the active Davao hardcore and punk scenesters and got a chance to watch the Davao leg gig of Sons of Lucifer (S.O.L.) from Germany during that time held at the Vegas Pub, Rizal Ave., Extension.
Is there a punk / hardcore / death metal gig schedule in Davao from February 18 -21, 2009?

GANI
M.Y.O. DISTRO
TAYABAS, QUEZON

mga 20 minutes away ang waterfront. sychar hotel is RIGHT IN FRONT of where i used to live. it's close to everywhere. yun na rin pinakamalapit sa waterfront kasi the closest hotels to the north are around the bajada/jp.laurel area lang din. andun ka pala sa SOL show sa Las Vegas? haha, di pa sure pero around that time may show siguro. baka organize kami.

keep us posted lang kung may mga tanong ka.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/caitlynbailey
M.Y.O. DISTRO

M.Y.O. DISTRO

PostSubject: Re: Anybody from Davao City?   Anybody from Davao City? EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 12:31 am

xtreblinkalovescenex wrote:
M.Y.O. DISTRO wrote:

GANI
M.Y.O. DISTRO
TAYABAS, QUEZON

mga 20 minutes away ang waterfront. sychar hotel is RIGHT IN FRONT of where i used to live. it's close to everywhere. yun na rin pinakamalapit sa waterfront kasi the closest hotels to the north are around the bajada/jp.laurel area lang din. andun ka pala sa SOL show sa Las Vegas? haha, di pa sure pero around that time may show siguro. baka organize kami.

keep us posted lang kung may mga tanong ka.

Salamar sa info. Binigyan na din ako ni Humar (Paraconflict) ng mga contact numbers ng mga punx jan sa davao (melvin crustration, peter, von sullen seed distro, syak).
Alam mo rin ba kung aktibo pa kaya sa eksena yung mga unang snail mail punk contacts ng M.Y.O. jan sa davao ( mid to late 90s) tulad ni Lemuel Camana (Suspender Zine / Speak It Loud Newslettter from Maragusan), Edmund Cole (Santilmo band from Tagum), Tantan (Blacksheep / Exploited Zine), James Carl NUevo (Rebel Tribe Zine / Anarchonfidence Newsletter), Babo Pastoral (Dogma Zine / Rancor Newsletter), Barok Capito (Resist Zine), Dennis Dollete (Anti-Social Zine / Punk Squat Newsletter), Louis John Basan (Watchdog Zine), Lander Bordos, Vinsoi Acto, Jazer Tabar, Joshua Travilla, Maynard Bautista, Hanamel Canonigo, Franklin Soria, Piox Capito, Joel Puerto, Joel Tapere, etc.

Salamat ulit sa info tungkol sa tanong ko. Hindi pala malayong-malayo ang Waterfront Hotel sa city proper. Tumawag na ako at nakapag-pareserved na ako sa Sychar Hotel 5 days and 4 nights.
Back to top Go down
xtreblinkalovescenex

xtreblinkalovescenex

PostSubject: Re: Anybody from Davao City?   Anybody from Davao City? EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 1:12 am

kilala ko lang jan sina vinsoi, babo, peter, von, syak. they are pretty much behind the current hardcore/punk scene dito. si piox naman, i only met him once. matagal nang wala ang angst though.
Back to top Go down
ingrata123

PostSubject: Re: Anybody from Davao City?   Anybody from Davao City? EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 1:28 am

sorry for my delayed reaction to this post.

@xtreblinkalovescenex:

1.) the S.O.L gig he was talking about was not in Las Vegas but in Vegas Pub (currently got a new name and it is a night club).

2.) you may know those guys you have mentioned and those you've said were not updated with the diy scene here in Davao - what about you? are you updated? or you just don't know what you are talking about? i know them. and i know you. you are just a kid wanting to be recognize in the scene well in fact your mainstream and you are a big poser.

@M.Y.O. DISTRO:

well again this is a very late reply but i just want to share something to you. well, here in davao city you won't have any problems like that of in manila... easy to commute and no heavy traffics.. but your choice of staying in a hotel in rizal street is a good choice if you wish to go to the bars at night after your convention at lanang.. you know to unwind and have some fun. downtown is the best place to do that. but if your focus is just for the convention you might consider staying near its venue. for those contact persons that were given to you..melvin of crustration is the most reliable and can really tour you around.

that's all. this might help you in your next trip here.
Back to top Go down
NIGGANOMICS

NIGGANOMICS

PostSubject: Re: Anybody from Davao City?   Anybody from Davao City? EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 2:27 am

ingrata123 wrote:
what about you? are you updated? or you just don't know what you are talking about? i know them. and i know you. you are just a kid wanting to be recognize in the scene well in fact your mainstream and you are a big poser.

CHA CHING! CHA CHINGGG!!!!

LOL.

SUNTUKAN NA. SI TATENG ANG REPEREE. SI LAKAY YUNG RURONDA SA RING NA NAKA-LAMPIN LANG TOS ME HAWAK NA PLACARD NA ME NUMERO PAKATAPOS NG MGA ROUNDS.

PAYT!!!
Back to top Go down
ichiSkrachi

ichiSkrachi

PostSubject: Re: Anybody from Davao City?   Anybody from Davao City? EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 3:02 pm

ikaw ang promoter Anybody from Davao City? Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
M.Y.O. DISTRO

M.Y.O. DISTRO

PostSubject: Re: Anybody from Davao City?   Anybody from Davao City? EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 12:48 am

ingrata123 wrote:

@M.Y.O. DISTRO:

well again this is a very late reply but i just want to share something to you. well, here in davao city you won't have any problems like that of in manila... easy to commute and no heavy traffics.. but your choice of staying in a hotel in rizal street is a good choice if you wish to go to the bars at night after your convention at lanang.. you know to unwind and have some fun. downtown is the best place to do that. but if your focus is just for the convention you might consider staying near its venue. for those contact persons that were given to you..melvin of crustration is the most reliable and can really tour you around.

that's all. this might help you in your next trip here.

Yup, I met Gee of Human Mastication last february 2009 in Davao City and i bought copies from him of their cd album for distro purposes. he also invited me to watch their cd album launching gig during that time but i missed it. May slight fever kasi yung anak ko kaya hindi na ako pinayagan ni misis na manood ng gig.
Si melvin nagtext sa akin pero nakabalik na kami ng manila.
Thanks for the info!
Back to top Go down
xtreblinkalovescenex

xtreblinkalovescenex

PostSubject: Re: Anybody from Davao City?   Anybody from Davao City? EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 4:28 am

ingrata123 wrote:

@xtreblinkalovescenex:

1.) the S.O.L gig he was talking about was not in Las Vegas but in Vegas Pub (currently got a new name and it is a night club).

2.) you may know those guys you have mentioned and those you've said were not updated with the diy scene here in Davao - what about you? are you updated? or you just don't know what you are talking about? i know them. and i know you. you are just a kid wanting to be recognize in the scene well in fact your mainstream and you are a big poser.

Okay.

1. Well, I'd presume that was the same show. Being a dumb kid wouldn't necessarily deny me the experience of that show being my introduction to punk, albeit something I didn't readily understand at the time.

2. Sorry, but I don't expect any recognition in any scene for efforts outside of the bands I've played in. For those same efforts, my recognition is well deserved. Personally speaking, I could care less if you think nakikieksena ako in whichever scene you're from. I'll stick to the shows I play and/or organize and you just mind your own business. I'm not claiming stake in your scene because I have half the mind to start something for myself. Have fun with your punk rock social club. Napaka exclusive niyo naman, it's hilarious.
Back to top Go down
taqwa

taqwa

PostSubject: Re: Anybody from Davao City?   Anybody from Davao City? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 11:49 am

I know this advise is already too late.... but just in case someone comes back to Davao... There is a cheap hotel outside the Waterfront Insular Hotel compound... it's Hotel Elena.

Being in that area of Davao is really the best place to be because you're just 5 minutes away from the white sand island of Samal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadtapa.multiply.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody from Davao City?   Anybody from Davao City? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anybody from Davao City?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DIY Pinoy HC/Punk Message Board :: FORUMS :: Errrr...-
Jump to: