DIY Pinoy HC/Punk Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DIY Pinoy HC/Punk Message Board

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"us" and "them"

Go down 
+19
hello plague, i failed
zomgwtfsrsly
no love lost
cilapita
jjems
jeiCore
Jepp!
phat_tataas
xjanusx
fearlessvampirenagger
eriktuz
tadsz
francis
Beef Supreme
XembraceX
termulator
deadstop
l0r3nz0m1r4nd4
xtreblinkalovescenex
23 posters
AuthorMessage
xtreblinkalovescenex

xtreblinkalovescenex

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 8:05 am

it's no question that all of us here hold hardcore and punk in general close to our hearts. for whatever reason, we know what we stand for and we know we're in it for the right reasons if we've been in the scene for as long as we have with some much longer than others. lately, it has come to my attention that following the passing of trends the tides have shifted to find hardcore more favorable to kids who play in that "other" scene. that scene with hairstyles that change every month, that scene with an endless supply of aimless kids with nothing better to do, that scene that organizes 0912370982179378219873 shows every month under the guise of productions that force people to either sell tickets or patronize certain venues because of the rock n'roll stigma affixed to it.

us in the DIY scene, we put out our own records, make our own songs, make our own shirts, publications, events and shows. they do so as well. we love the music and they "claim" to love it as well. however, one thing present in our scene is most of us adhere to a certain sense of political will which serves as both a means AND an end for a positive change in both us and our environment. i find this absent in the majority of the constituents of that "other" scene. apart from that, i also find that apart from playing music to earn you or your production some bucks, there really isn't much camaraderie either other than the fact you all look the same in the name of "individuality". i've had my stints on both sides of the wall so i guess i could see where each side is coming from but i choose to stay involved with my scene because i believe that i contribute more to myself and to my society through it. thinking back, i'd like to pose the question, HOW FAR IS THE GAP BETWEEN US AND THEM?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/caitlynbailey
l0r3nz0m1r4nd4

l0r3nz0m1r4nd4

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 9:21 am

your question is how far.
my answer: so far they won't ever reach us.
for me the "diy" scene if so much different from theirs.
we live by the rules. diy nga eh! diba?
i think it's better to call them indie scene. yeah bands from the diy scene are indipendent too. but look whos struggling? lahat naman ng anjan ang aim nila makilala, unlike satin.
ang di ko lang magets sa kanila wala namang nanonood sa gigs nila eh.
puro banda lang din diba?
i dunno. may mga kaibigan kami na tumutugtog s gnyan. di namin un minamata.
kc un ung gusto nila. tropa tropa kami eh. kaso y pay to play diba? un lng!
nasagot ko na ung question! wahaha! lol!
party party lang!
Back to top Go down
xtreblinkalovescenex

xtreblinkalovescenex

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 9:23 am

i don't really know about the indie scene dito sa pinas pero diba sa UK yung indie scene nila still had the DIY ethic in em? hanggang ngayon parin, kita parin yung ethic na yun sa maraming indie artists through their own records, shows and 'zines. a lot of them have pretty decent politics rin.
Back to top Go down
l0r3nz0m1r4nd4

l0r3nz0m1r4nd4

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 9:31 am

yeah. i mean, they still have some diy ethics left in them. pero di ko alam tatawag ko sa kanila eh? kya nga cnbi ko i think its better to call them. haha. lol!
tingnan nyo sa us, ung indie scene dun iba din. kya nga mejo kawawa yung mga bands dito na sumasalang sa ganun. isipin mo 100 bucks per tiks tpos 5 guests. pag kulang aabono k pa. the hell?!?!?!?!?!?!
kwawa naman sila. di nila naiisip un na napapagsamantalahan sila.
dude u get the point.!
ang dami n kasing lumalabas n ganung prod ngayon! ang akin lng, ung takbo ng scene nila ay sobrang layo satin. cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
deadstop

deadstop

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 8:10 pm

pag sa production 2 or 3 songs lang puwede tugtugin ng isang band. Pero pag special guest like (typecust, urbandubz, fastpitch.etc...loloololololulz) kahit ilang song. It sucks BIG TIME.
Back to top Go down
termulator

termulator

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 12:29 am

HELL who care's about them?!... FU(K them! Fucking them chix, good!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamefaqs.com
XembraceX

XembraceX

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 2:15 am

-yeah. i mean, they still have some diy ethics left in them. pero di ko alam tatawag ko sa kanila eh? kya nga cnbi ko i think its better to call them. haha.
tingnan nyo sa us, ung indie scene dun iba din. kya nga mejo kawawa yung mga bands dito na sumasalang sa ganun. isipin mo 100 bucks per tiks tpos 5 guests. pag kulang aabono k pa. the hell?!?!?!?!?!?!
dude u get the point.!
ang dami n kasing lumalabas n ganung prod ngayon! ang akin lng, ung takbo ng scene nila ay sobrang layo satin.-

I S A K A N G M A L A K I N G P OOOOOOOOOOOOO S E R!
B A B A N A T A N P A K I T A P A G N A K I T A K I T A N G P A G A L A G A L A S A M A L O L O S!

P A K U! T A L K S H I T! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Beef Supreme

Beef Supreme

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 3:32 am

sa sweden kya me ticket selling ???
Back to top Go down
XembraceX

XembraceX

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 10:22 am

-we live by the rules. diy nga eh! diba?-

R U L E S? tangina mo! come to think of it?

how would you say that what your doing is considered "diy" if your following rules? they're the one who's following rules! kaya nga do it yourself so that you dont have to abide to any rules! PAKSHET babanatan talaga kita pag nakita ko ung maangas mong mukang taeng muka sa malolos! kapish! Twisted Evil zorro
Back to top Go down
francis

francis

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 11:23 am

come to think of it, this thread also involves the scene in its wholeness.
whats up with the hardcore and emo boundaries?
Back to top Go down
l0r3nz0m1r4nd4

l0r3nz0m1r4nd4

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 12:53 pm

XembraceX wrote:

how would you say that what your doing is considered "diy" if your following rules? they're the one who's following rules! kaya nga do it yourself so that you dont have to abide to any rules! PAKSHET babanatan talaga kita pag nakita ko ung maangas mong mukang taeng muka sa malolos! kapish! Twisted Evil zorro

hala. sorry naman. di ako lalaban sayo or kung kanino man. peace lang.
tropa mo tropa ko dn . la naman akong gnwa sa inyo db? cant we all be just friends?
anyways sabi ko nga may mga kaibigan din kaming tumtugtog s ganto pero ok naman kami kami ah? un ung gusto nila. wala namang natatapakan. party lang!
Back to top Go down
tadsz

tadsz

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 1:15 pm

kaya ako napalipat ng preference sa musikang sinusuportahan ko dahil sa ibinigay ng hardcore punk sa akin.
Back to top Go down
http://positivethinkingwontdoanything.blogspot.com/
l0r3nz0m1r4nd4

l0r3nz0m1r4nd4

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 1:26 pm

keep it diy. isn't that a rule? un lng. peace tayo mga chong.
Back to top Go down
tadsz

tadsz

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 1:28 pm

party party lang dapat! cheers
Back to top Go down
deadstop

deadstop

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 5:33 pm

OMGZZZ

H.A.T.E
Back to top Go down
eriktuz

eriktuz

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 5:15 pm

if the "we" you are referring about is the people-who-are-unaware-of-the-subculture. well personally i don't really bother, i mean they don't really care about "us", so why the hell should we?
Back to top Go down
eriktuz

eriktuz

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 5:16 pm

i meant "them" not "we"..oh silly me.
Back to top Go down
fearlessvampirenagger

fearlessvampirenagger

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 8:17 am

NOTE TO OP: YOU NEED TO LEAVE YOUR COMPUTER, GO OUT, AND EXPERIENCE LIFE A LITTLE BIT MORE.

JUST SAYING.
Back to top Go down
xtreblinkalovescenex

xtreblinkalovescenex

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 1:20 pm

fearlessvampirenagger wrote:
NOTE TO OP: YOU NEED TO LEAVE YOUR COMPUTER, GO OUT, AND EXPERIENCE LIFE A LITTLE BIT MORE.

JUST SAYING.

i would if the prospect of going outside was a bit more fulfilling. the only difference between me going out and me staying here is i can't f5 whenever things look stale. it's just the people i want to hang out with are either unavailable or out of reach. honestly speaking, it really gets to me not being able to relate with people on more than a "hi! hello!" level and the only people who are capable at that are sadly the ones that can't be there with me at that exact moment i need them. i guess i just gave up ang sucked it up for a while, alternating between supposedly studying and spending time at shows/with the band.
Back to top Go down
xjanusx

xjanusx

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 5:23 pm

ain't it fun to be a little different?
Back to top Go down
phat_tataas

phat_tataas

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 3:15 pm

People are people. Kanya2 lang yan. Topic need not be posted if we had an open mind - ni hindi natin kailangan magtaka n ngya2ri to.
Back to top Go down
Jepp!

Jepp!

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 2:01 pm

tadsz wrote:
kaya ako napalipat ng preference sa musikang sinusuportahan ko dahil sa ibinigay ng hardcore punk sa akin.

A to the MEN
Back to top Go down
jeiCore

jeiCore

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 1:14 pm

(imagine every period as another universe.)

US........................................................................................................................................THEM!

*our scene..is all about doing the right thing..
their scene is about being rich...really rich..and getting really wasted.

*in our scene..everyone knows each other..and for the bands..there are NO FANS..
there are only FRIENDS..
in their scene..there are groups..not everyone is a friend..and for their bands..there are few
friends..but mostly are fans who pay them more money than what the band really need..

*in our scene..you dont have to play as good as their own "dream theater" or "metalica" just to play..
and even if we play the simplest paterns and chords..it can make everybody dance (in the hardcore
way of dancing)..and having fun while doing it..
in their scene..you cannot be appreciated if you cannot play that well..you have to really work for
it (and work sucks!)..

AND FINALLY...
*their scene is for 1-money 2-sex 3-getting wasted!
while for us..we'd like to mntain our scene as for a good cause..for ourselves, for our friends, family,
and for every people that srrounds us...that supports us...for everything that we fight for.
Back to top Go down
jjems

jjems

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 12:23 pm

Us and Them
(Waters, Wright)

Us and them
And after all we're only ordinary men
Me and you
God only knows it's not what we would choose to do

Forward he cried from the rear
And the front rank died
The General sat, and the lines on the map
Moved from side to side

Black and blue
And who knows which is which and who is who
Up and down
And in the end it's only round and round and round

Haven't you heard it's a battle of words
The poster bearer cried
Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside

Down and out
It can't be helped but there's a lot of it about
With, without
And who'll deny it's what the fighting's all about

Out of the way, it's a busy day
And I've got things on my mind
For the want of the price of tea and a slice
The old man died

sunny
Back to top Go down
xjanusx

xjanusx

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 3:26 pm

jeiCore wrote:

US........................................................................................................................................THEM!

*in our scene..everyone knows each other..and for the bands..there are NO FANS..
there are only FRIENDS..
in their scene..there are groups..not everyone is a friend..and for their bands..there are few
friends..but mostly are fans who pay them more money than what the band really need..

*in our scene..you dont have to play as good as their own "dream theater" or "metalica" just to play..
and even if we play the simplest paterns and chords..it can make everybody dance (in the hardcore
in their scene..you cannot be appreciated if you cannot play that well..you have to really work for
it (and work sucks!)..

AND FINALLY...
while for us..we'd like to mntain our scene as for a good cause..for ourselves, for our friends, family,
and for every people that srrounds us...that supports us...for everything that we fight for.

in a perfect world maybe
Back to top Go down
cilapita

cilapita

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 8:56 am

xjanusx wrote:
jeiCore wrote:

there are only FRIENDS..

it (and work sucks!)..

AND FINALLY...

in a perfect world maybe

yeah..maby.....

but its correct in a way that its supposed to be.
Back to top Go down
jeiCore

jeiCore

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 9:05 am

xjanusx wrote:
jeiCore wrote:

there are only FRIENDS..

it (and work sucks!)..

AND FINALLY...

in a perfect world maybe

your right..maby our world is'nt that perfect. Laughing
Back to top Go down
no love lost

no love lost

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 5:31 pm

totoo ba yung nag aaway sa taas?

hehe
Back to top Go down
xjanusx

xjanusx

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 5:32 pm

nasan?
Back to top Go down
no love lost

no love lost

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 5:41 pm

xjanusx wrote:
nasan?

yung may uupakan pa, totoo ba yun o biruan lang?
Back to top Go down
no love lost

no love lost

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 5:42 pm

XembraceX wrote:
-yeah. i mean, they still have some diy ethics left in them. pero di ko alam tatawag ko sa kanila eh? kya nga cnbi ko i think its better to call them. haha.
dude u get the point.!
ang dami n kasing lumalabas n ganung prod ngayon! ang akin lng, ung takbo ng scene nila ay sobrang layo satin.-

B A B A N A T A N P A K I T A P A G N A K I T A K I T A N G P A G A L A G A L A S A M A L O L O S!

ito oh
Back to top Go down
xjanusx

xjanusx

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 8:08 pm

ay sori, di ko nakita hehehe

o nga no... dami namang mainit dito sa HARKOR hehehe
Back to top Go down
jeiCore

jeiCore

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 4:25 pm

walang rules and DIY.....
andami mo nasabi un lang naintindihan ko..haha

"fish" lang bro. cool ka lng
Back to top Go down
zomgwtfsrsly

zomgwtfsrsly

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 6:03 pm

xtreblinkalovescenex wrote:
fearlessvampirenagger wrote:

JUST SAYING.

i would if the prospect of going outside was a bit more fulfilling. the only difference between me going out and me staying here is i can't f5 whenever things look stale. it's just the people i want to hang out with are either unavailable or out of reach. honestly speaking, it really gets to me not being able to relate with people on more than a "hi! hello!" level and the only people who are capable at that are sadly the ones that can't be there with me at that exact moment i need them. i guess i just gave up ang sucked it up for a while, alternating between supposedly studying and spending time at shows/with the band.

dood, payag na ako sa bromance na iyong ino-offer... lol!
yan ka nanaman, going "emo" over things...

jeiCore wrote:

there are only FRIENDS..

it (and work sucks!)..

AND FINALLY...

couldnt agree more.

---
sa akin lang...

sa kanila, ang pagbabanda ay isang trabaho, isang propesyon...katanggap tanggap nga...pero masaya ba sila? work sucks indeed, lalo na kung ginagawa mo lang yun para magkapera at hindi mo nae-enjoy diba? mag-eenjoy ka nga, pero para sa anong cause? at para kanino? sa sarili mo lang...

kaya ako, kinakarir ko pag gitara, gusto kong maging kasing galing ng Metallicatz, para magkapera at sumikat...
Back to top Go down
l0r3nz0m1r4nd4

l0r3nz0m1r4nd4

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 10:14 pm

no love lost wrote:
XembraceX wrote:
dude u get the point.!

ito oh

ewan ko ba archie.. hahaha. c lomi 2.. kaya ingatan nyo ko sa pulilan bka maupakan ako.. amf.. dami p namang tao dun xur
Back to top Go down
no love lost

no love lost

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 1:45 am

l0r3nz0m1r4nd4 wrote:
no love lost wrote:
XembraceX wrote:
dude u get the point.!

ito oh

ewan ko ba archie.. hahaha. c lomi 2.. kaya ingatan nyo ko sa pulilan bka maupakan ako.. amf.. dami p namang tao dun xur

e parang dun din yata sa inyo yung kaaway mo, pero di ka chak mapapa-trobol samin, ako bahala sa mga goblins,orcs at trolls dun
Back to top Go down
tadsz

tadsz

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 5:00 am

zomgwtfsrsly wrote:

kaya ako, kinakarir ko pag gitara, gusto kong maging kasing galing ng Metallicatz, para magkapera at sumikat...

crush mo si irk hammett noh? oh gee hmm scratch
Back to top Go down
tadsz

tadsz

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 5:01 am

tadsz wrote:
zomgwtfsrsly wrote:

crush mo si irk hammett noh? oh gee hmm scratch

KIRK pala. err
Back to top Go down
l0r3nz0m1r4nd4

l0r3nz0m1r4nd4

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 10:02 am

no love lost wrote:
l0r3nz0m1r4nd4 wrote:
no love lost wrote:
XembraceX wrote:
dude u get the point.!

ito oh

e parang dun din yata sa inyo yung kaaway mo, pero di ka chak mapapa-trobol samin, ako bahala sa mga goblins,orcs at trolls dun

ou, taga dito nga un. salamat hehehe drunken
Back to top Go down
hello plague, i failed

hello plague, i failed

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 11:36 pm

l0r3nz0m1r4nd4 wrote:
no love lost wrote:
l0r3nz0m1r4nd4 wrote:
no love lost wrote:
XembraceX wrote:
dude u get the point.!

ito oh

ou, taga dito nga un. salamat hehehe drunken

haha pulilan orcs are peacemakers.
wag lang papasuin at nagliliyab sila.

make love not war pa din. flower
Back to top Go down
termulator

termulator

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 2:25 am

MAY NAKITA AKO ULING KAKILALANG CHIX NA MAGANDA NUNG SABADO...
NAKALIMUTAN KO HINGIN YUNG NUMBER... TANGINA KASI BIGOTE KO BILIS HUMABA E.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamefaqs.com
m(A)rcor(E)

m(A)rcor(E)

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 8:27 pm

XembraceX wrote:

sabi nga sa poster na ginawa nmin sa pa gig ko last feb. 12 2007,

THERE IS NO RULES, BUT YOU HAVE TO BE RESPONSIBLE!!!

eh sa sobrang pagka punk ng iba! naintindihan lng nila yung there is NO rules!

ayun, napahinto ang gig! pero masaya!
Back to top Go down
oblong

oblong

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 2:22 pm

Hello Francis. My name is Mark dela Cruz, and I've been a part of the "indie" scene, for what? 6-7 years since my band Boymeatsgirl (http://www.myspace.com/boymeatsgirlmusic) was formed. We played, i dont know, powerpop/indierock/pop-punk/pop-rock music we wrote.

We're from San Pablo City, Laguna..where a lot of hardcore and punk groups exist. We're friends of them, bands like Walk Me Home, Village Idiots, Mellow Del Prado, Fall Face First, Aurora, and a lot more. We're too poppy to have our band be on the same show with these guys, but we DID --on too many occassions. I personally produced shows here before --without the discrimination of what scene you are into. We even had bands a lot cheesier than my group, along with bands of your scene, Francis --on ONE show. And apparently, I did not earn any moohlas organizing these gigs...and that, at my expenses, man.

So yeah, I think it's NOT really about scenes, dude, it's about fuckin' "attitude", di ba? I mean, we all do produce stuff, our own cds, own shows and prods, our own labels, distros, and zines, all that DIY thingy...but some individuals tend to make this as an advantage to earn profit shit. I don't know if that's another story or what pero I don't care about these people. I mean, my band used to earn, what? P50 a night at Mayrics. A lot smaller than what those organizers earned, i know. But we all are happy even spending around P400 each for transpo. And we thank big time these "indie" producers for lining us up. So what if they take it as an oppurunity to earn money? They didn't steal it from us. Stole our talents? That's bullshit. It's our "attitude" of playing our music to a different, new audience we're upto.

You're right, man. We also love punk and HC. I personally play Thursday CDs in my car. I respect your political state of minds. But that's just not me MOST OF THE TIME. And that doesn't make me a "trapo" to my community. I write lovesongs, man. Those indiepop/lo-fi/shoegazing/casio beating/tape-hissy/mushy-poppy-cheesy/beatles-esque kind of songs, man. And I love it. The people around me loves it back. And that's my share. Our scene's share.

Maybe it's not "YOUR vs OUR", Francis. That's beyond comparison. It's like comparing how far an F#m chord to a Gbm one. Different it may seem to those who doesn't understand, but tends to have a one goal --to hit that key. Or maybe that's just me.

Francis, check out my other indie effort called Oblong, let me know what you think http://www.myspace.com/iloveoblong

nice 2b here,
mark d
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iloveoblong
tadsz

tadsz

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 4:41 pm

i think francis was referring to the guys claiming they're hardcore (but plays tunes in the vein of *cough*alesana*cough*) and not directly to the mainstream "scene" in general.

$.33
Back to top Go down
oblong

oblong

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 10:18 am

i wasnt really pointing out to the "mainstream" scene, damn it's not even a scene. my point was no matter what group you are into, the only important thing is the "attitude", which is too corny to even put this word ("attitude") on my statement, but it really is the most vital factor in playing ang writing music.

naiintindihan ko, maybe you were referring to posers? THAT, i agree! and no conversations has to be made if that's your point hahaha!

peace and quiet!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iloveoblong
tadsz

tadsz

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 5:57 pm

oblong wrote:
i wasnt really pointing out to the "mainstream" scene, damn it's not even a scene. my point was no matter what group you are into, the only important thing is the "attitude", which is too corny to even put this word ("attitude") on my statement, but it really is the most vital factor in playing ang writing music.

naiintindihan ko, maybe you were referring to posers? THAT, i agree! and no conversations has to be made if that's your point hahaha!

peace and quiet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY74RmVucYg thumbs up and wink
Back to top Go down
r3c

r3c

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 7:38 pm

yun iba kse hayup kung managa eh sa prod, wawa naman yun iba

ibang iba na kse ngayon eh tulad ng sabi ni ano..(yoko mag sabi ng pangalan)

"NUNG PANAHON NAMIN NI ISANG KUSING WALA KMI KINIKITA PERO MASAYA KMI, NGAYON PAG PUNTA MO SA ISANG BAR MAKKITA MO NAG UUSAP MANAGER SA MANAGER, MAG KANO BA KINITA NATIN,PERA PERA NA EH"
Back to top Go down
Cao-Here

Cao-Here

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 11:50 pm

MONEY DOESNT MOLD YOUR HEART. -HTB afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"us" and "them" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "us" and "them"   "us" and "them" Empty

Back to top Go down

"us" and "them"
Page 1 of 1