DIY Pinoy HC/Punk Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DIY Pinoy HC/Punk Message Board

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

modern NY hXc

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sXedonnymackaye

modern NY hXc Empty
PostSubject: modern NY hXc   modern NY hXc EmptySat May 05, 2012 1:50 am

okay so my buddy who is a huge modern NY hardcore fan is showing me what he calls hardcore from new york and new jersy. Showed me Bulldoze, Reckognize, and Irate. Now I'm aware that hardcore did turn metal at some point between 25 Ta Life and Crown of Thornz, but while I'm listening to this stuff, all I can think about is, "John Joseph would not approve" haha I just don't get it. I mean, I'm not one of those guys who sits at home like Kevin Seconds and whines about "kids these days" (maybe becasue I'm 17 haha) because I know that they are still fuckloads of amazing punk bands but I don't know if NY really kept it the same way Boston did. Gorilla Biscuits and Youth of Today... to Bulldoze. hmmmm hardcore had definitely gone metal over there I'd say. Now I'm not sayin there's anything wrong with ignorant moshcore, if your into that kind of thing, but when I hear the term "hardcore" I immediately think of anything but the stuff I'm hearing. But maybe I'm a little biased toward the older scenes...

What does everyone think about this recent New York hardcore scene?
Back to top Go down

modern NY hXc
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DIY Pinoy HC/Punk Message Board :: FORUMS :: Music-
Jump to: