DIY Pinoy HC/Punk Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DIY Pinoy HC/Punk Message Board

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

gardening anyone?

Go down 
+12
fearlessvampirenagger
♫♥vana
eriktuz
edwin954
francis
herocollection
sister brad
BongBong
ichiSkrachi
speech_defect
raymond
keida
16 posters
AuthorMessage
keida

keida

gardening anyone? Empty
PostSubject: gardening anyone?   gardening anyone? EmptySat Sep 20, 2008 4:45 am

i have been growing my own basil among other things just outside my window,
on the spot where it used to be my cat graveyard.
they have been growing beautifully and the main one is around 3 feet tall.
they are fantastic. everytime i need basil, i just pick them.
for pasta, some thai inspired cooking, and what not. they taste really good.
not to mention the cooking area is just outside, a couple of feet away from it.
all organic goodness.

my problem now is aphids.
they have destroyed a huge part of it and the plants have been in bloom recently.
some of the flowers have been ruined.

if anyone could share some tips on how to get rid of these pests without resorting to pesticides, i would be greatful.
Back to top Go down
http://xkeidax.deviantart.com
raymond

gardening anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: gardening anyone?   gardening anyone? EmptySat Sep 20, 2008 4:03 pm

Panalo yan ah! San mo nabili yun basil mo?
Back to top Go down
keida

keida

gardening anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: gardening anyone?   gardening anyone? EmptySat Sep 20, 2008 4:07 pm

raymond wrote:
Panalo yan ah! San mo nabili yun basil mo?
kuha lang sa kaibigan.
ang hassle kasi halos 3 feet na yung isang basil, sobrang lago.
tapos madami din ako maliliit na pinapatubo on the side.

inuupakan na ng aphids.
may susubukan ako home made na pesticide kung wala ako mahanap na ladybugs (pucha san ako makakahanap nun, hahaha.)

kaya panandaliang solusyon ko ay pinuputol ko na lang yung affected areas at dinadagdag ko sa compost heap ko.
Back to top Go down
speech_defect

speech_defect

gardening anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: gardening anyone?   gardening anyone? EmptySat Sep 20, 2008 4:10 pm

keith try mo magtanong sa entomology department ng UPLB. baka meron sila resource sa natural enemies ng aphids.
Back to top Go down
keida

keida

gardening anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: gardening anyone?   gardening anyone? EmptySat Sep 20, 2008 4:14 pm

speech_defect wrote:
keith try mo magtanong sa entomology department ng UPLB. baka meron sila resource sa natural enemies ng aphids.

natural enemies nila ay ants (na "ginagatasan" sila pag kumakain), spiders and ladybugs.
sadly busy yung mga langgam sa kusina. hahaha.
pag pinuputulan ko yung halaman, di ko ginagalaw yung mga gagamba.
yung ladybugs naman antagal ko na di nakakakita nun.
Back to top Go down
raymond

gardening anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: gardening anyone?   gardening anyone? EmptySat Sep 20, 2008 4:22 pm

Ganun ba..sayang.. pwede ba ko makipitas ng dahon! Laughing

May nakita ko sa web baka makatulong...

Q. I have tried growing basil inside and outside with poor results. I buy good looking plants, and within a month the leaves get brown spots or white wiggly lines appear in them. What can I do for better results?

A. The brown spots mean your basil has fungal leaf spot. Water the plant in the morning only and keep the foliage dry. Locate the plant in an open place with good air circulation to minimize fungal problems. Basil is used in cooking, so I do not want to recommend any pesticides. If insects attack the basil, spray with an organic pesticide (some cayenne pepper and two teaspoons of liquid soap to a gallon of water). This should take care of most bothersome insects. The leaves are fine for cooking if you rinse them well before using. Another problem with basil is leaf miner. A small worm tunnels inside the leaf and often leaves a wiggly trail on the leaf. Spraying is not practical as the caterpillar is inside the leaves. Grow the plant on a screened porch or windowsill indoors where the leaf miner moth can't reach them to lay eggs. Pick off and throw away all bad leaves. Dispose of any old leaves lying on the potting mix. Sanitation should break the life cycle of the moth and prevent the leaf miner.
Back to top Go down
keida

keida

gardening anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: gardening anyone?   gardening anyone? EmptySat Sep 20, 2008 4:27 pm

raymond wrote:
Ganun ba..sayang.. pwede ba ko makipitas ng dahon! Laughing

May nakita ko sa web baka makatulong...

Q. I have tried growing basil inside and outside with poor results. I buy good looking plants, and within a month the leaves get brown spots or white wiggly lines appear in them. What can I do for better results?

A. The brown spots mean your basil has fungal leaf spot. Water the plant in the morning only and keep the foliage dry. Locate the plant in an open place with good air circulation to minimize fungal problems. Basil is used in cooking, so I do not want to recommend any pesticides. If insects attack the basil, spray with an organic pesticide (some cayenne pepper and two teaspoons of liquid soap to a gallon of water). This should take care of most bothersome insects. The leaves are fine for cooking if you rinse them well before using. Another problem with basil is leaf miner. A small worm tunnels inside the leaf and often leaves a wiggly trail on the leaf. Spraying is not practical as the caterpillar is inside the leaves. Grow the plant on a screened porch or windowsill indoors where the leaf miner moth can't reach them to lay eggs. Pick off and throw away all bad leaves. Dispose of any old leaves lying on the potting mix. Sanitation should break the life cycle of the moth and prevent the leaf miner.

susubukan ko din nga yun, kasi ang gamit naming laundrysoap/bath soap ay yung organic na victoria herbal soap na pwede gamitin sa halaman after.

pwede sana mamitas, kaso yung malaki mga 50% dinumog ng aphids, yung mga maliliit, nilipat ko ng pwesto para di tuluyang madale.
Back to top Go down
ichiSkrachi

ichiSkrachi

gardening anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: gardening anyone?   gardening anyone? EmptySat Sep 20, 2008 8:40 pm

bushes,i love bushes and fortune. lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
BongBong

BongBong

gardening anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: gardening anyone?   gardening anyone? EmptySun Sep 21, 2008 6:12 am

speech_defect wrote:

yep i know they have the remedy... gawa din sa nature... i think Neem tree ata un... hehehe

ok... we have a garden with lush Rainforest trees like Dipterocarps, Jackfruits, Cycad plants, Malunggay, Mangga, etc... etc... para na ngang may piraso ng gubat ng mt. Makiling samen ehh... hehehe it was planted by my dad who once worked in DENR.... sa ERDB to be exact... aun ng alang andaming pumapasok ng millipedes at tilas... ampness nagugulat na lang ako na pag may naririnig akong POIK! at ma juicy sa paa ko at mga nararamdamang kati kati hahaha
Back to top Go down
http://www.xbongbongx.multiply.com
sister brad
bodyguard
sister brad

gardening anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: gardening anyone?   gardening anyone? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 9:15 am

i just woke up one day and said to myself..... " gusto ko mag-alaga ng orchids." lol!
Back to top Go down
ichiSkrachi

ichiSkrachi

gardening anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: gardening anyone?   gardening anyone? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 11:46 am

ano kaya pinakamadaling alagaang orchid?share naman jan?
Back to top Go down
BongBong

BongBong

gardening anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: gardening anyone?   gardening anyone? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 12:37 pm

^^ oo ilagay mo lang sa husks ng niyog o kaya sa natuyong kahoy na sinementuhan ung ibaba... ayusin mo lang ung pagkakalagay ayun kakapiot na ung ugat nila at uusbong yan...
Back to top Go down
sister brad
bodyguard
sister brad

gardening anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: gardening anyone?   gardening anyone? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 2:10 pm

yup, plus maganda rin tingnan yun kapag namulaklak.
Back to top Go down
herocollection

herocollection

gardening anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: gardening anyone?   gardening anyone? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 7:57 pm

mas mabuti kung ilagay mo ang orchids sa puno para kindi kana didilig pa maghihintay ka na lng ng mga bulaklak.
Back to top Go down
francis

francis

gardening anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: gardening anyone?   gardening anyone? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 8:27 pm

underwater gardening with my aquaria. plants and fish look good. pirat
Back to top Go down
BongBong

BongBong

gardening anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: gardening anyone?   gardening anyone? EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 4:44 am

hmm siguro magandang magtanim ng orchid ay ung waling waling... hahaha ung vanilla na isang condiment sa pagkain ay isang orchid... siguro maganda rin mag alaga nun baka mahal nga lang hahaha

francis wrote:
underwater gardening with my aquaria. plants and fish look good. pirat

also a big business... hahaha *seaweed business ehem*
Back to top Go down
edwin954

edwin954

gardening anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: gardening anyone?   gardening anyone? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 4:51 pm

supposedly, if you plant garlic and onion near your basil plant or any other plant you want to protect pests will stay away from the herb.

then i found this online:
Whiteflies and Aphids will usually attack plants that are under stress of some kind. Indoors, herbs are always under some kind of stress, usually one of three things is the case. The first is not enough light (they need about 4 hours a day), second could be that their pots are too small for them (6" should be minimum size), third is too much watering (never let your plants sit in a tray of water and don't water until the soil feels dry to the touch). If you find that one or more of these is the problem, do what you can to correct it first before you spray for the whiteflies.

If that does not get rid of them, you can spray them with a little soapy water (dishwashing soap squirted into a spray bottle filled with water). Leave it on for only a hour or so and then wash it off. You may need a couple of treatments but it will get rid of them eventually.

anyway, basil likes warm and sunny weather sunny
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/edwinhardcore
eriktuz

eriktuz

gardening anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: gardening anyone?   gardening anyone? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 6:23 pm

ayus to ah. parang walden ni henry david thoreau.

gardening is fun.
Back to top Go down
♫♥vana

gardening anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: gardening anyone?   gardening anyone? EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 3:26 pm

haaayyyzz...ang alam ko lang kasi sa gardening basta lang ako maghahagis ng buto sa bakuran namin tapos aantayin kong tumubo! lol!
Back to top Go down
keida

keida

gardening anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: gardening anyone?   gardening anyone? EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 1:55 pm

ive been using a mixture of victoria organic soap (na ginagamit ko panligo, panlaba, at pang hugas ngplato) and home made garlic and chili oil. kinda works, but i still try to pay attention to the plants. a lot of trimming has to be done on infected parts.

the basils have been growing well again.

had basil and tomato pasta today.
gotta love it when its fresh!
Back to top Go down
BongBong

BongBong

gardening anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: gardening anyone?   gardening anyone? EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 7:03 pm

im in Palawan now and the faunal environment here is way too different than the faunal environment in Luzon...

im so pissed when i saw our garden na sobrang gulo as in parang pinabayaan na =]] good thing may saluyot, achuete, sili, etc...

nainis ako bakit may native eggplant sa bakuran namen... the plant is taller than an average man and their fruits is not like those ordinary eggplants... it's small and look like berries... but it's very poisonous my dad told me...

ohh eto pa pala... my dad works on mining rehabilitation... means... tataniman ung mga mined out areas... he had an idea na taniman ng gulay ung mga nabungkal na lupa...

he dubbed it... "sakahan sa minahan" and there are lots of veggies planted there... malunggay, saluyot, alugbati, soybeans, munggo, DAME... good thing the soil is not treated with chemicals or some sort of it... binuldozer lang ung mga lupang may nickel ore... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
keida

keida

gardening anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: gardening anyone?   gardening anyone? EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 10:10 pm

BongBong wrote:
im in Palawan now and the faunal environment here is way too different than the faunal environment in Luzon...

im so pissed when i saw our garden na sobrang gulo as in parang pinabayaan na =]] good thing may saluyot, achuete, sili, etc...

nainis ako bakit may native eggplant sa bakuran namen... the plant is taller than an average man and their fruits is not like those ordinary eggplants... it's small and look like berries... but it's very poisonous my dad told me...

ohh eto pa pala... my dad works on mining rehabilitation... means... tataniman ung mga mined out areas... he had an idea na taniman ng gulay ung mga nabungkal na lupa...

he dubbed it... "sakahan sa minahan" and there are lots of veggies planted there... malunggay, saluyot, alugbati, soybeans, munggo, DAME... good thing the soil is not treated with chemicals or some sort of it... binuldozer lang ung mga lupang may nickel ore... Very Happy

panalo yan.
i didnt know na poisonous ang maliliit na eggplat na yan.
Back to top Go down
fearlessvampirenagger

fearlessvampirenagger

gardening anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: gardening anyone?   gardening anyone? EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 11:12 am

IN FAIRNESS AH, ANG GANDA NUNG DANDELION SA LIKOD NG BAHAY NAMEN. LITTLE-TO-NO-MAINTENANCE NEEDED.
Back to top Go down
BongBong

BongBong

gardening anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: gardening anyone?   gardening anyone? EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 1:07 pm

@keida para walang masabi ung mga anti mining NGOs dito hahaha ung poisonous eggplant endemic lang dito sa Palawan... hehehe teka gumagamit ka ba ng mga pataba sa mga halaman mo?

suggestion ko na magandang fertilizer:

ipot ng manok
Back to top Go down
keida

keida

gardening anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: gardening anyone?   gardening anyone? EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 2:51 pm

BongBong wrote:
@keida para walang masabi ung mga anti mining NGOs dito hahaha ung poisonous eggplant endemic lang dito sa Palawan... hehehe teka gumagamit ka ba ng mga pataba sa mga halaman mo?

suggestion ko na magandang fertilizer:

ipot ng manok

wala kaming manok pero may lovebirds at sandamukal na pusa.

gumagawa ako ng compost from garbage items na organically nabubulok.
Back to top Go down
BongBong

BongBong

gardening anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: gardening anyone?   gardening anyone? EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 12:53 pm

^^ ahh pwede un... hehehe kami pagkakain ng saging basta lang itatapon sa bakuran instant pataba na lol
Back to top Go down
jAhLLANsalot

jAhLLANsalot

gardening anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: gardening anyone?   gardening anyone? EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 3:43 pm

keida wrote:
i have been growing my own basil among other things just outside my window,
on the spot where it used to be my cat graveyard.
they have been growing beautifully and the main one is around 3 feet tall.
they are fantastic. everytime i need basil, i just pick them.
for pasta, some thai inspired cooking, and what not. they taste really good.
not to mention the cooking area is just outside, a couple of feet away from it.
all organic goodness.

they have destroyed a huge part of it and the plants have been in bloom recently.

if anyone could share some tips on how to get rid of these pests without resorting to pesticides, i would be greatful.

aphids are sick! you gotta watch out for spider mites, they will eat your crops from the inside. there are spray on pesticides and detergents you can use but i personally recomend lady bugs. its the natural way of getting rid of pests. lady bugs are natural born killers. you do some research, very interesting. it depends on how big your plant and if outs outdoor/indoor plant. i would start of at 1500 adult lady bugs to 4500. hope this help.
Back to top Go down
jAhLLANsalot

jAhLLANsalot

gardening anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: gardening anyone?   gardening anyone? EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 3:47 pm

one more thing, aphids grow and reproduce on hot temps. so, temp is a factor if you have lights blasting or direct sunlight.
Back to top Go down
yokiisthename

yokiisthename

gardening anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: gardening anyone?   gardening anyone? EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 5:24 pm

okay ung basils. tapos re-pack mo and then benta sa mga palengke. instant pera...
Back to top Go down
BongBong

BongBong

gardening anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: gardening anyone?   gardening anyone? EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 7:42 pm

tongkat ali anyone? zorro zorro zorro zorro zorro
Back to top Go down
SilingPula

SilingPula

gardening anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: gardening anyone?   gardening anyone? EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 2:54 pm

keida wrote:

wow.yung vietnamese basil namin palagi na lang pinapatay ng mama ko sa sobrang lago at lumalampas na sa bakod. sabi nya,putulin yung sanga malapit sa bulaklak pag namumulaklak na para mas gumanda pa yung tubo.yung sweet basil medyo alagain,pero yung vietnamese matibay.

pero kung me peste...um, ngeks. you just made me realize that going to school is really just a waste of time! ba't di ko masagot ang tanong mo e humapit ako sa crop protection 1 nung college!?

ayun, tanggalin na lang talaga yung part na napeste na. tsaka ang alam ko lang yung mild dish or laundry soap at water to be sprayed once a week on the infested areas.
baka gusto mo mag-alaga ng iba pang herbs?
Back to top Go down
yokiisthename

yokiisthename

gardening anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: gardening anyone?   gardening anyone? EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 4:09 pm

may pananim akong Kamatis sa likod bahay, kinakain ng mga insects. i need help, ayaw ko lagyan ng pestecide kasi hindi magiging ORGANIC...
Back to top Go down
sister brad
bodyguard
sister brad

gardening anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: gardening anyone?   gardening anyone? EmptyTue May 05, 2009 2:37 am

hindi ko alam kung anu yung name neto pero madaming nag-aalaga ng ganito ngayon.

gardening anyone? 1_459333829l
gardening anyone? 1_109702826l
Back to top Go down
BongBong

BongBong

gardening anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: gardening anyone?   gardening anyone? EmptyTue May 05, 2009 6:28 am

^^ i'll ask my dad meron din yan dito sa garden ng tito ko... sikat na alagaing halaman... i think it's a species of Erythrina...
Back to top Go down
sister brad
bodyguard
sister brad

gardening anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: gardening anyone?   gardening anyone? EmptyFri May 08, 2009 2:11 pm

gardening anyone? 1_643217604l
Back to top Go down
sister brad
bodyguard
sister brad

gardening anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: gardening anyone?   gardening anyone? EmptyFri May 08, 2009 2:12 pm

gardening anyone? 1_563607656l

white rose. mamumulaklak pa aang sya.
Back to top Go down
NIGGATRON

gardening anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: gardening anyone?   gardening anyone? EmptyFri May 08, 2009 2:17 pm

YUNG SA BACKYARD NG KAPITBAHAY NAMIN ANG DAMI NILANG GANITO EH.

HINDI NA DAW KELANGANG ALAGAAN.

gardening anyone? Dandelion4
Back to top Go down
sister brad
bodyguard
sister brad

gardening anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: gardening anyone?   gardening anyone? EmptyFri May 08, 2009 2:30 pm

DA.GENIUS.FRMRLY.KNOWN.AS wrote:
YUNG SA BACKYARD NG KAPITBAHAY NAMIN ANG DAMI NILANG GANITO EH.

HINDI NA DAW KELANGANG ALAGAAN.

gardening anyone? Dandelion4

para syang maliliit na daisies. natandaan ko yung video ng blind melon. yung babaeng nak-dress up na parang bee. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NIGGATRON

gardening anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: gardening anyone?   gardening anyone? EmptyFri May 08, 2009 2:49 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAA!!!
Back to top Go down
sister brad
bodyguard
sister brad

gardening anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: gardening anyone?   gardening anyone? EmptySun May 17, 2009 9:52 pm

gardening anyone? 1_412340919l

maswerte ako kasi nakuhaan ko sya nung namulaklak sya. nalagas na kasi sya ngayon eh.
Back to top Go down
sister brad
bodyguard
sister brad

gardening anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: gardening anyone?   gardening anyone? EmptyFri May 22, 2009 4:23 am

paano ba nagtatanim ng basil? seeds or puputol ka ng sanga?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

gardening anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: gardening anyone?   gardening anyone? Empty

Back to top Go down

gardening anyone?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DIY Pinoy HC/Punk Message Board :: FORUMS :: GENERAL-
Jump to: