DIY Pinoy HC/Punk Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DIY Pinoy HC/Punk Message Board

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

separation of metal and punk

Go down 
+17
fuck your beliefs
Dirty Shoes Records
renminzaitsev
zepol
soral
Cunningilus
vonzilla)))
deadkennedys
pierminator
charlie harper
no love lost
Bongga Ka Dhay
dweedhxc
jep_peligro
electric_dynamite
minus
rupert
21 posters
AuthorMessage
rupert

rupert

separation of metal and punk Empty
PostSubject: separation of metal and punk   separation of metal and punk EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 1:02 pm

di ba punk forum?
di bakit ang dameng metal promotions at shows?

di ako against METAL per Se
naniniwala lang ako sa separation of the aesthetics and the approach of metal at punk.

sa musik halo halo na yung dalawa sa mga genres ng hc/punk at pati rin sa bagong wave of accessible metal and the resurgence of old titans.

not trying to start shit but if someone posted an electronica thread,
I would think that to be inappropriate.

Question
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eskapo
minus

PostSubject: Re: separation of metal and punk   separation of metal and punk EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 4:50 pm

i strongly agree... There is too much talent in metal... There is too much attitude in punk...
Back to top Go down
rupert

rupert

PostSubject: Re: separation of metal and punk   separation of metal and punk EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 5:28 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
electric_dynamite
hoodlum
electric_dynamite

PostSubject: Re: separation of metal and punk   separation of metal and punk EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 3:55 am

i agree. oh yung mga metal heads jan ah?! dun kayo sa filmetal!!! lol.
Back to top Go down
jep_peligro

jep_peligro

PostSubject: Re: separation of metal and punk   separation of metal and punk EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 4:57 am

electric_dynamite wrote:
i rest my case. nyahahahahhaha
Back to top Go down
http://therealstrength.blogspot.com/
dweedhxc

dweedhxc

PostSubject: Re: separation of metal and punk   separation of metal and punk EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 10:41 am

ouch!
Back to top Go down
http://diypinoyhcpunk.com
electric_dynamite
hoodlum
electric_dynamite

PostSubject: Re: separation of metal and punk   separation of metal and punk EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 12:31 pm

nyahaha dweed.
Back to top Go down
Bongga Ka Dhay

Bongga Ka Dhay

PostSubject: Re: separation of metal and punk   separation of metal and punk EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 12:33 pm

Lubos akong tumututol......#$%!!&*!!!!!

Dapat nating tanggapin ang anumang uri ng bonggang bonggang musika o anumang uri ng bonggang bonggang sining sa kabuuan.

Tanungin mo na lang kung para kanino magsisilbi ang sining o ang musika mo... Sa nagsasamantala ba o para sa pinagsasamantalahan... (WALA LANG, MAY MASABI LANG AKO...HEHEHEHE)
Back to top Go down
no love lost

no love lost

PostSubject: Re: separation of metal and punk   separation of metal and punk EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 3:57 am

you can the metal out of punk, but you can't take punk out of the metal...
sunny
Back to top Go down
no love lost

no love lost

PostSubject: Re: separation of metal and punk   separation of metal and punk EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 3:59 am

you can take the metal out of punk, but you can't take punk out of the metal...

sunny

mali pa yung una kong post haha,
Back to top Go down
Bongga Ka Dhay

Bongga Ka Dhay

PostSubject: Re: separation of metal and punk   separation of metal and punk EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 12:15 pm

no love lost wrote:

sunny

Bonggang No Lost Love, napakatalinhaga ng iyong mga quotations.... iisa-isahing ko dito sa forum ang lahat ng mga bongga mong posts at igagawa kita ng little red book na ang title ay "QUOTATIONS FROM NO LOVE LOST"

santa
Back to top Go down
no love lost

no love lost

PostSubject: Re: separation of metal and punk   separation of metal and punk EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 10:36 pm

Bongga Ka Dhay wrote:
no love lost wrote:

sunny

Bonggang No Lost Love, napakatalinhaga ng iyong mga quotations.... iisa-isahing ko dito sa forum ang lahat ng mga bongga mong posts at igagawa kita ng little red book na ang title ay "QUOTATIONS FROM NO LOVE LOST"

santa

haha kumusta?, salamat ha, research ka muna malay mo plagiarized lang yan mga quotes ko, alam mo naman ngaung internet age...wala na original....tulad nitong quotation na to:

"bonahin ng bonggang bongga ang beki"
Back to top Go down
charlie harper

charlie harper

PostSubject: Re: separation of metal and punk   separation of metal and punk EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 1:47 am

why can we be friends?

bash
Back to top Go down
pierminator

pierminator

PostSubject: Re: separation of metal and punk   separation of metal and punk EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 12:08 pm

charlie harper wrote:
why can we be friends?

bash
Im a metal head also, but your that signature (Bouncing boobies) makes my dick HARD! core
Back to top Go down
pierminator

pierminator

PostSubject: Re: separation of metal and punk   separation of metal and punk EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 12:08 pm

WAA MALI
Back to top Go down
deadkennedys

deadkennedys

PostSubject: Re: separation of metal and punk   separation of metal and punk EmptyTue May 03, 2011 9:47 pm

Crossover! beerchug:
Back to top Go down
vonzilla)))

vonzilla)))

PostSubject: Re: separation of metal and punk   separation of metal and punk EmptyThu May 12, 2011 2:05 pm

parang " hc/punk " hardcore slash punk... yan kc e hehe
sana hardcorepunk..
or like thrashmetal
eto.. crustgrind... pra iisa na..
tingin nyo?
ganda ng replies sa taas... hehe
Back to top Go down
Cunningilus

Cunningilus

PostSubject: Re: separation of metal and punk   separation of metal and punk EmptyTue May 31, 2011 5:50 am

basta pag nakakakita ako ng chix na tumatalon at tumatalbog yung dede...
nababanggit ko "METAL!"
bigat e!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nuclearpunishment
soral

soral

PostSubject: Re: separation of metal and punk   separation of metal and punk EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 3:45 pm

electric_dynamite wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
soral

soral

PostSubject: Re: separation of metal and punk   separation of metal and punk EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 3:48 pm

rupert wrote:
di ba punk forum?
di bakit ang dameng metal promotions at shows?

di ako against METAL per Se
naniniwala lang ako sa separation of the aesthetics and the approach of metal at punk.

sa musik halo halo na yung dalawa sa mga genres ng hc/punk at pati rin sa bagong wave of accessible metal and the resurgence of old titans.

not trying to start shit but if someone posted an electronica thread,
I would think that to be inappropriate.

Question

agree with this. hardcore is always associated with punk but metal. hmmmm. ewan ko. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zepol
hoodlum
zepol

PostSubject: Re: separation of metal and punk   separation of metal and punk EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 1:56 pm

i don't think the thread starter refers to the incorporation of 'metal' sa hardcore/punk but more on the promotion of metal shows and/or metal merchandise dito sa forum.

metal caused quite a stir nung una 'tong inintroduce sa 'strict' musical discipline ng punk/hardcore. knee-jerk reaction ng mga tao is to hate the band and/or dismiss them as sellouts at kung anu-ano pa. pero looking back di ba "punk rock" na maituturing ang ginawa nilang pag-challenge sa norm back then?
try to checkout Amebix's "Monolith," Bad Brains' "I against I" Agnostic Front's "One Voice," and (gulp!) Discharge's "Grave New World"
also, checkout ANY releases ng Judge and try to listen to the guitar riffs. now kung hindi metal yun ewan ko na kung ano ang tawag dun, hehe!
even them Fat Wreck and Epitaph bands has metal 'in em!
i'm sure marami pang iba akong di nabanggit. feel free to add na lang.
just my 2 cents...

Back to top Go down
rupert

rupert

PostSubject: Re: separation of metal and punk   separation of metal and punk EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 2:09 pm

well zep,
being the thread starter, I did mean it like what you said,
the promotion of metal shows/bands (especially commercial metal) on this forum defeats the forum's purpose and ethic.
I did start this thread almost as a joke though for I myself, do enjoy some metal every now and then.
One thing that metal lacks (for me) is raw, juvenile creativity.
When bands start out (most) play punk because that is all they are capable of. When these bands gain some form of musicianship they naturally progress to more aggressive and challenging music (metal) but that initial fury is lost in the transition.

Ex:
Bad Brains ROIR Sessions WAY better than the "Quickness"
AF - Victim in Pain WAY better than the hatebreed carbon copies they have released.
and no one but heroin addicts trapped in their glam metal heydays like Discharge's GNW.
Back to top Go down
electric_dynamite
hoodlum
electric_dynamite

PostSubject: Re: separation of metal and punk   separation of metal and punk EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 5:57 am

http://indiebandnews.blogspot.com/2011/06/labelling.html

Eto para ma-separate na talaga. Madami kayo matututunan dito. Informative talaga.

I think what the forum needs is more and more hardcore and not less metal but less bullshit.
Back to top Go down
renminzaitsev

renminzaitsev

PostSubject: Re: separation of metal and punk   separation of metal and punk EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 12:41 pm

to an outsider there's a thin line that separates punk and metal just like the thin line that separates revolutionaries and terrorist. which is which e bahala na kayo.

here in the philippines, metal and punk can get along easily coz the scene is small and there's no really big metal bands here that tour with their own coaster(?) or bus(?), make millions or in short gets rich with their music. So class level remains the same and conflict tolerable.

For me metal is good but punk is great. metal can be the artisan, the skilled craftsman while punk will be the artist that loves to express what's in their mind in their art no matter how the public perceives it.
If metal were a fruit it can be a cherry or an apple, but punk cant be a fruit but can be any vegetable where its accessible, easy and simple to cook, but only a few would prefer it compared to meat or even commit to have it as their only food for life or be a vegan.
Yung karne at mga fine dining - sa corporate bands yun!

At ika nga sa bahay pag may bisita, feel at home but not too much coz its still my home is what i believe Rupert means on this forum
Back to top Go down
Dirty Shoes Records

Dirty Shoes Records

PostSubject: Re: separation of metal and punk   separation of metal and punk EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 8:44 am

renminzaitsev wrote:
to an outsider there's a thin line that separates punk and metal just like the thin line that separates revolutionaries and terrorist. which is which e bahala na kayo.

here in the philippines, metal and punk can get along easily coz the scene is small and there's no really big metal bands here that tour with their own coaster(?) or bus(?), make millions or in short gets rich with their music. So class level remains the same and conflict tolerable.

For me metal is good but punk is great. metal can be the artisan, the skilled craftsman while punk will be the artist that loves to express what's in their mind in their art no matter how the public perceives it.
If metal were a fruit it can be a cherry or an apple, but punk cant be a fruit but can be any vegetable where its accessible, easy and simple to cook, but only a few would prefer it compared to meat or even commit to have it as their only food for life or be a vegan.

At ika nga sa bahay pag may bisita, feel at home but not too much coz its still my home is what i believe Rupert means on this forum

cheers
Back to top Go down
fuck your beliefs

fuck your beliefs

PostSubject: Re: separation of metal and punk   separation of metal and punk EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 1:16 am

BETTER TO BE PUNK THAN METAL...BUT I LOVE METAL GIRLS
Back to top Go down
soral

soral

PostSubject: Re: separation of metal and punk   separation of metal and punk EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 3:20 pm

fuck your beliefs wrote:
BETTER TO BE PUNK THAN METAL...BUT I LOVE METAL GIRLS

same here! hahaha!!!
Back to top Go down
hubert webb

hubert webb

PostSubject: Re: separation of metal and punk   separation of metal and punk EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 7:33 am

I love you
Back to top Go down
CorixNbzine

CorixNbzine

PostSubject: Re: separation of metal and punk   separation of metal and punk EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 3:04 pm

renminzaitsev wrote:

Nice said!

Agree ako dapat maseparate metal sa topic thread, pero sa shows and promotions, pagbigyan narin natin kase maliit lang naman eksena natin, diy metal din naman...madami mga tao nand2 na nakikinig at sumusuporta ng ilang metal shows. :-)
Back to top Go down
http://nbzine.cjb.net
renminzaitsev

renminzaitsev

PostSubject: Re: separation of metal and punk   separation of metal and punk EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 8:27 am

CorixNbzine wrote:

Nice said!

Agree ako dapat maseparate metal sa topic thread, pero sa shows and promotions, pagbigyan narin natin kase maliit lang naman eksena natin, diy metal din naman...madami mga tao nand2 na nakikinig at sumusuporta ng ilang metal shows. :-)

agree, hindi lang dahil maliit ang scene kundi di din nagkakalayo sa pamumuhay mga punk at metal dito sa atin. at maliit nga ang scene kaya magtotropa rin mga metal at punk. Agree ako sa lahat ng sinabi mo at saludo ako sa pagtaguyod mo ng fanzine cultutre! Suporta ako sa iyo at maging ako madalas magtangkilik ng scene mo, madalas pag insane bazooka prodn. Pero syempre punk will still be for me the ice cream but metal be the cherry on top! Again i salute you for your zine!
Back to top Go down
CorixNbzine

CorixNbzine

PostSubject: Re: separation of metal and punk   separation of metal and punk EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 4:51 pm

salamat sir....Impiety nga pala Sept.14
Back to top Go down
http://nbzine.cjb.net
dweedhxc

dweedhxc

PostSubject: Re: separation of metal and punk   separation of metal and punk EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 11:16 pm

I got a lot of friends from both parties so there you go cheers
Back to top Go down
dweedhxc

dweedhxc

PostSubject: Re: separation of metal and punk   separation of metal and punk EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 12:53 am

sorry mga dre kung nagpost ako ng mga metal shows dito noon Razz
Back to top Go down
kay susan tayo

PostSubject: Re: separation of metal and punk   separation of metal and punk EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 10:08 am

yep mga tol... tingin ko kalaban ngayun ung mga pa rockstar na attitude lang
Back to top Go down
TarsierX

TarsierX

PostSubject: Re: separation of metal and punk   separation of metal and punk EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 12:03 pm

Wag natin kalimutan na kasama ang DIY sa forum na ito. Peace. beer chug uds uds uds!!! ylsuper rosk band ylsuper peace beer chug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: separation of metal and punk   separation of metal and punk Empty

Back to top Go down

separation of metal and punk
Page 1 of 1