DIY Pinoy HC/Punk Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DIY Pinoy HC/Punk Message Board

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

No matter what, you gotta make a living

Go down 
+6
NIGGANOMICS
m(A)rcor(E)
yokiisthename
positivementalattitude
electric_dynamite
rupert
10 posters
AuthorMessage
rupert

rupert

No matter what, you gotta make a living Empty
PostSubject: No matter what, you gotta make a living   No matter what, you gotta make a living EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 7:34 am

Which would you rather be, a pauper in heaven or a foot soldier in hell ?

I discussed this metaphor with my girlfriend, it relates to one being happy, content doing what they love (but not getting paid much) or doing what they don't want but getting paid a lot.

Pauper in heaven: low paying artsy job
Foot Soldier in Hell: higher paying corporate grunt job.

I'm asking because now my salary is phat but I'm not crazy about my job
whereas when I was teaching, I made next to nothing but enjoyed what I did (until I was laid off).

Oh the pitfalls of capitalism Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eskapo
electric_dynamite
hoodlum
electric_dynamite

PostSubject: Re: No matter what, you gotta make a living   No matter what, you gotta make a living EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 1:59 pm

its like being an OFW. you make big bucks but you gotta be far from family.

Hey you gotta make a living.
Back to top Go down
positivementalattitude
hoodlum
positivementalattitude

PostSubject: Re: No matter what, you gotta make a living   No matter what, you gotta make a living EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 4:24 pm

blessed are those who have a high paying job and enjoy it at the same time.

in the end, we all got to make sacrifices if you want food on the table, no?
Back to top Go down
yokiisthename

yokiisthename

PostSubject: Re: No matter what, you gotta make a living   No matter what, you gotta make a living EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 4:26 pm

Im all about the opportunity.

Opportunity for me to make a better life in the long run.

If the "high paying but stress giving" work is the better opportunity for me i'll take. For me it's all about what happens in the future.

If im gonna be stable a a low paying, enjoying job for the rest of my life i'd take it as well, why not.

But for me it's all about which will get me to a better future. There will be PROS and CONS, but it's a matter of which will lead me to a better tomorrow. I would like to do what i enjoy doing if long as it assures me of a bright life. On the other hand I wouldn't mind a few sacrifices either as well if its for the better.

my thought.
Back to top Go down
electric_dynamite
hoodlum
electric_dynamite

PostSubject: Re: No matter what, you gotta make a living   No matter what, you gotta make a living EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 5:34 pm

positivementalattitude wrote:
blessed are those who have a high paying job and enjoy it at the same time.

bless you sire! hehe.
Back to top Go down
m(A)rcor(E)

m(A)rcor(E)

PostSubject: Re: No matter what, you gotta make a living   No matter what, you gotta make a living EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 12:44 pm

opkors yeast!
Back to top Go down
NIGGANOMICS

NIGGANOMICS

PostSubject: Re: No matter what, you gotta make a living   No matter what, you gotta make a living EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 4:36 pm

HANGGANG NGAYON SOBRANG SAYA KO TLGA NUNG MABASA KO UN.

AS IN. GRABEEEEEE... AS INNNNNNNNNNNN...

ND AQ MAKAPANIWALA TLGA NG SOBRA... AS INNNNNN....

KAKALOKA KAKALOKA... KAKAGIGIL.
Back to top Go down
ichiSkrachi

ichiSkrachi

PostSubject: Re: No matter what, you gotta make a living   No matter what, you gotta make a living EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 5:47 pm

psst wag,gagong gupit ka bossing.sang parlor ba yan at ng mabisita? lol.
Back to top Go down
Northern Territory

Northern Territory

PostSubject: Re: No matter what, you gotta make a living   No matter what, you gotta make a living EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 8:33 pm

[quote="rupert"]Which would you rather be, a pauper in heaven or a foot soldier in hell ?

Pauper in heaven: low paying artsy job
Foot Soldier in Hell: higher paying corporate grunt job.
[quote]

hmmm for me its a matter of diversions,, its how you find or gain good thing/s/s/s/s/s/s (get it???) out of your choice...satisfaction is the key...compliance too.

its how you find heaven in hell...
its how much your love ones will benefits on it...
its how you can set aside your wants from your needs...

"the future belongs to the people who believes in the beauty of their dreams!"

bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/northernterritoryrecords
rethinkcapitalism

rethinkcapitalism

PostSubject: Re: No matter what, you gotta make a living   No matter what, you gotta make a living EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 5:33 pm

yokiisthename wrote:

But for me it's all about which will get me to a better future. There will be PROS and CONS, but it's a matter of which will lead me to a better tomorrow. I would like to do what i enjoy doing if long as it assures me of a bright life. On the other hand I wouldn't mind a few sacrifices either as well if its for the better.

Cutting short your reply.

But what is "BETTER" - "better future", "better tomorrow", "bright life"?
Back to top Go down
http://www.350.org/350now_pilipinas
yokiisthename

yokiisthename

PostSubject: Re: No matter what, you gotta make a living   No matter what, you gotta make a living EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 6:36 pm

rethinkcapitalism wrote:
yokiisthename wrote:

Cutting short your reply.

But what is "BETTER" - "better future", "better tomorrow", "bright life"?

BETTER is yung future life sir. Yung tipong wala na akong aalalahanin sakaling tumanda na ako and limited na ang kayang kong gawin. Yun yung ibig kong sabihin, yung may naipundar na sakaling kailanganin.

I'm trying to be an opportunist.
Back to top Go down
NIGGANOMICS

NIGGANOMICS

PostSubject: Re: No matter what, you gotta make a living   No matter what, you gotta make a living EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 12:59 am

HAHA! SUSPENDED BATA MONG SI KG AH...

FUCK THE CELTICS PA RIN.
Back to top Go down
yokiisthename

yokiisthename

PostSubject: Re: No matter what, you gotta make a living   No matter what, you gotta make a living EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 4:31 am

NIGGANOMICS wrote:
HAHA! SUSPENDED BATA MONG SI KG AH...

FUCK THE CELTICS PA RIN.

Haha oo nga badtrip nga din ako sa ginawa nya di nya na dapat ginawa un... kaya naman kahit wala si KG you'll see.
Back to top Go down
NIGGANOMICS

NIGGANOMICS

PostSubject: Re: No matter what, you gotta make a living   No matter what, you gotta make a living EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 6:24 am

I'LL SEE NA HINDI SILA MAG CHA CHAMPION?

ONCE AGAIN, PAG MAG CHAMPION ANG CELTICS, I WILL SELF-BAN MYSELF FROM THIS FORUM FOREVARR.

FUCK THE CELTICS AND WHOEVER ROOTS FOR THEM. LOLLL.
Back to top Go down
yokiisthename

yokiisthename

PostSubject: Re: No matter what, you gotta make a living   No matter what, you gotta make a living EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 4:01 pm

NIGGANOMICS wrote:
I'LL SEE NA HINDI SILA MAG CHA CHAMPION?

ONCE AGAIN, PAG MAG CHAMPION ANG CELTICS, I WILL SELF-BAN MYSELF FROM THIS FORUM FOREVARR.

FUCK THE CELTICS AND WHOEVER ROOTS FOR THEM. LOLLL.

Don't hate the brotherhood 'bro... they will win against the Heat, get past Cleveland and Orlando (kahit andun si idol JJ eh Celtics pa din). Then whoever comes out of the "mighty" west will be taken care of as well.

GREEN will be the color of the 2010 NBA CHAMPIONS
Back to top Go down
NIGGANOMICS

NIGGANOMICS

PostSubject: Re: No matter what, you gotta make a living   No matter what, you gotta make a living EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 2:10 am

LOL.

OHHH LAWDDD... I CANT WAIT FOR THIS...

BELIEVING THE CELTICS WILL WIN IT ONLY TO LOSE TO EITHER CAVS OR MAGIC, IS MUCH GONNA BE LIKE THE DAY YOU FOUND OUT SANTA CLAUS WASN'T REAL YOKI.

BUT YEA, KEEP BELIEVING.
Back to top Go down
duannedvirus

duannedvirus

PostSubject: Re: No matter what, you gotta make a living   No matter what, you gotta make a living EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 8:44 pm

That's the sad part of life if you're not born with a silver spoon in your mouth. At times you have to sacrifice your "inner happiness/contentment"just to have a high paying job, to feed your family. Of course,you have the option of getting into a low-salary job but the "inner happiness"is there. For me, I'd rather sink in to a"suffocating"industry but have a fat wallet, than the other way around. I guess each one of us wants the best for our family, don't we?
Back to top Go down
http://www.duannecore.tk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No matter what, you gotta make a living   No matter what, you gotta make a living Empty

Back to top Go down

No matter what, you gotta make a living
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DIY Pinoy HC/Punk Message Board :: FORUMS :: Errrr...-
Jump to: