DIY Pinoy HC/Punk Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DIY Pinoy HC/Punk Message Board

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

musicians: your outlook on the music we play

Go down 
+17
pierminator
tebs
oblong
ichiSkrachi
bongklong_1881
Ryan
just_duhve
rupert
l0r3nz0m1r4nd4
m(A)rcor(E)
termulator
riffscreamer
vishualaide
BongBong
Roman
paengkee
xtreblinkalovescenex
21 posters
AuthorMessage
xtreblinkalovescenex

xtreblinkalovescenex

musicians: your outlook on the music we play Empty
PostSubject: musicians: your outlook on the music we play   musicians: your outlook on the music we play EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 3:46 am

since most of us in this forum play in our own bands, i'd like to know who and/or what influenced your outlook on the music you play and how you play it. i'll start kasi topic starter ako, haha.

i'm francis. i do vocals for a fairly new band called Caitlyn Bailey. our "formal" introduction to hardcore came at a point when my guitarist and i immersed ourselves in music played by bands on labels like Dischord, Ebullition, Gravity Records and the like. i grew to dislike (well, not really dislike, i just liked other types more) most chug oriented music in favor of faster, more frantic sounding bands like Orchid or Pg.99 which at the same time appealed to us since some would consider this the "artier" side of hardcore. i think we could all reach a general consensus as to passion being the focal point in all hardcore bands, whether it be an NYHC-style beatdown band or a band that follows in the footsteps of 625 thrash. somehow, through 'zines that i've read and old videos i've seen on the internet depicting the scene these bands we like used to play in, i made it a point to write (and play) the only way i see myself playing. loud, fast and screamy. you know, where it's 10 kids in a garage or basement watching you play yourself to the floor and they have no idea what you're saying but all they know is you mean it. sort of like that. now, enough of my message board drivel. who's next? he he he
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/caitlynbailey
paengkee

paengkee

PostSubject: Re: musicians: your outlook on the music we play   musicians: your outlook on the music we play EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 12:29 pm

i am the aforementioned guitarist of caitlyn bailey. i play because i like playing guitar. i dont like super chaotic stuff unless it has good recording quality. i mix audio. if you want to have me mix your shit, im da man.

the person above me is gay.
Back to top Go down
Roman

Roman

PostSubject: My outlook in playing in a band   musicians: your outlook on the music we play EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 5:01 pm

yeah im Roman I play in bands Like Disabuse/ vex/ Dead On The Spot / Diskontento and Destruction Of Trust, I play in a band bcoz of my undying passion in music generally!!! In the scene being in a band is one way of direct action to show your freedom i mean to voice out everything whether if it is non sense or with sense, not to compete to the other bands because us here in diy underground scene we are sharing to each others!!!

thanks!!!
Back to top Go down
http://sampcore.blogspot.com
BongBong

BongBong

PostSubject: Re: musicians: your outlook on the music we play   musicians: your outlook on the music we play EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 9:59 pm

it's been a year since my band abolished... now here again in another newly formed band with some of my bandmates... sheez... it's only five days old and still having problem sh*t in meet up for planning...

in more than a year as a listener again... i have been awaken and supporting the real hardcore and also being part of the Christian life...

as a passion... i make my music as an outlet from stressful obstacles... but also make music about everyday struggles in life, about fraternity and respect, and bring the message of Christianity with the kick of hardcore...
Back to top Go down
http://www.xbongbongx.multiply.com
vishualaide

vishualaide

PostSubject: Re: musicians: your outlook on the music we play   musicians: your outlook on the music we play EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 3:43 am

Well... Hi! I'm Jayme! And different from the majority of people here(I think..) I am still in the process of forming a band.

And, by the way, I do guitars and vocals.

I play, 'cause I just feel like it. I don't have a complicated or deep reason for it.

When I grab my guitar, do random riffs, chord progressions, write down words, record shit, and so on... I usually project the world, the way I see it. I write how am I being drifted with the system.... Or something like that.. That's all.. Smile
Back to top Go down
paengkee

paengkee

PostSubject: Re: musicians: your outlook on the music we play   musicians: your outlook on the music we play EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 10:43 am

question: is there a place for Technique in punk and hardcore. can either one become "technical"? sure mathcore meron. but really. i dont like it when people go "ah nagmamayabang lang yan. buti pa kami simple lang". cut the sourgraping, folks. this is the way i play guitar.

i mean. i do this :

musicians: your outlook on the music we play 1_376335022l

people think im showing off (nakatalikod na nga e).

badtrip.
Back to top Go down
riffscreamer

riffscreamer

PostSubject: Re: musicians: your outlook on the music we play   musicians: your outlook on the music we play EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 11:17 am

paengkee wrote:
question: is there a place for Technique in punk and hardcore. can either one become "technical"? sure mathcore meron. but really. i dont like it when people go "ah nagmamayabang lang yan. buti pa kami simple lang". cut the sourgraping, folks. this is the way i play guitar.

This is just me, but I think you shouldn't be bogged down by the label/genre of the music you play. I want to be technical, and at the same time, I don't want to be restricted by the rules of what notes to play and shit like that. But then again, that's just me.
Back to top Go down
http://riffscreamer.deviantart.com
vishualaide

vishualaide

PostSubject: Re: musicians: your outlook on the music we play   musicians: your outlook on the music we play EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 4:04 pm

paengkee wrote:

i mean. i do this :

musicians: your outlook on the music we play 1_376335022l

people think im showing off (nakatalikod na nga e).

badtrip.

What's wrong with this? I think you shouldn't be affected with allegations such as that.. I mean, man, you do good music! And that's one important thing.. ayt?
Saka, cguro nmn you don't go to shows and say "We're better than anyone here!"..
Back to top Go down
BongBong

BongBong

PostSubject: Re: musicians: your outlook on the music we play   musicians: your outlook on the music we play EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 9:24 pm

paengkee wrote:

hahaha as long as you can make your music good when you do technicals... walang masama... hindi talaga maiiwasan ung mga ganung mga comment ng mga makikitid na utak ng mga tao...

yan ang isa sa mga ayuko sa mga eksena pag may gig... they say "naku yang bandang yan mayabang yan!!!"

yes mukhang mayabang nga sila tumugtog... pero it does not mean nagmamayabang na sila... they do those techniques for their music... siguro di nila maappreciate or di nila kaya gawin yun kaya nila nasabing di nila kaya yun hahaha...

and you will know if that guy is "mayabang" sa way ng pagsasalita nila... hehehe
Back to top Go down
termulator

termulator

PostSubject: Re: musicians: your outlook on the music we play   musicians: your outlook on the music we play EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 2:13 pm

Hilig ko talaga musick at nung bata pa ko mahilig ako makipagislaman (matigas pa yung buto/ulo ko dati kasi) an what other way to express your love to the musick than playing your own. its all about passion! kahit flatbroke ako lagi sinisikap kong pumunta sa mga shows to support local bands may it be Hardcore Punk or Metal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamefaqs.com
m(A)rcor(E)

m(A)rcor(E)

PostSubject: Re: musicians: your outlook on the music we play   musicians: your outlook on the music we play EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 7:35 pm

pirat

ANDITO AKO PARA MAKIPAGKAIBIGAN, YUNG MUSIKA O SABIHIN NA NATIN NA INGAY NA GINAGAWA NTIN AY ISA LANG SA BAHAGDAN NG PAKIKISAMA AT PAGPAPAKITA NG ATING EMOSYON SA PANG ARAW ARAW, AT HABANG BUHAY NA PAKIKIBAKA.

ELEMENTARYA AKO NUNG AKO AY MAKIALAM SA MUSIKA, NAGTANONG TANONG, NAKINIG KINIG, AT NAG BASA BASA. KAPAG PINAPALAD AY NAKAKAPANUOD.
WALA AKONG BUONG IDEYA KUNG SAAN NGMULA ANG MUSIKA, PERO ANG IMPORTANTE AY HANGGANG NGAYON AY MAYROON PA NITO.

ANG MUSIKA PARA SA BUONG MUNDONG PAGBABAGO. (A)(E)
Back to top Go down
l0r3nz0m1r4nd4

l0r3nz0m1r4nd4

PostSubject: Re: musicians: your outlook on the music we play   musicians: your outlook on the music we play EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 8:09 pm

i do vox on a band called talk sick. di ko alam tawag sa tugtog namin. basta ang infulence namin mga ny beatdown hardcore. saka mga 2 step metalcore. gusto kong kumakanta sa mga gig kasi masaya. lalo na pag nakikita mo yung mga tao nsa harap mo tapos nageenjoy sila. nahilig ako sa mga youth crew na bands. dun ako nagumpisa magkahilig sa hardcore. gusto ko pa lumawak yung kaalaman ko sa underground scene. hindi pa naman kasi ako ganun katagal sa eksena. gusto ko lang dumami mga kaibigan ko dito sa eksena. para masaya diba? ahaha un lang
Back to top Go down
rupert

rupert

PostSubject: Re: musicians: your outlook on the music we play   musicians: your outlook on the music we play EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 5:08 am

I can't imagine doing anything else. Hardcore/Punk is what I've grown up with , fought for and find solace in so the revolving trends don't impact my behavior, motives or projects. My first show in the Philippines was at People's Park near SM EDSA in 1993 , Philippine Violators , WUDS and I.O.V. played to my hearts raging hard on for a newly discovered music.
As far as D.I.Y. , I've always done it myself to insure the least amount of life is fucked in the process. The subculture built around the ideals and musical umbrella of Punk has evolved over time in countries across the globe and has been applied to the struggles and lives of the people therein.
To witness such change and growth no matter the outcome is inspiring when you think of the imminent self destruction we face.
I belt my guts out to many or few because as thankless, isolating and disheartening as it may be to play in a band , it is the only way I know how to non-violently vent emotion and distress.
The only outlet that fills my heart with blood to the brim and gets my fists pumping.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eskapo
just_duhve

just_duhve

PostSubject: Re: musicians: your outlook on the music we play   musicians: your outlook on the music we play EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 2:15 pm

I write songs for Nevertheless... We use our music as an outlet to put our messages out there.
We prefer to experiment with our sound, always trying not to get boxed up from "punk rock".
Most of the "new" kids on the scene thinks it's weird 'cause it's different from their freshly discovered
"traditional" sound. We just love seeing those looks on their faces after a song, yeah, good times.
I guess we're gonna switch to 3-chords... NOT!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/neverthelessphilippines
Ryan

Ryan

PostSubject: Re: musicians: your outlook on the music we play   musicians: your outlook on the music we play EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 12:33 pm

keep it simple and mean.
yun yung motto namin nung banda kasakasama ko since 2004.
sometimes its just 3 chord progression.
pero madalass din yung structure ng kanta eh nagiging more than four chords yung melody.
pero hindi naman yun yung point ng music.
aslong na masaya kami pag magkakasama,
siguro another four years pa ulit was not enough.
by the way we releasing a CD by November this year
sana full release this time pag kinaya..
we finished all the track recording.
mejo kinakalikot nalang.hehe
so good luck sa amin
-t.R.A

www.myspace.com/tXrXa
Back to top Go down
bongklong_1881

bongklong_1881

PostSubject: Re: musicians: your outlook on the music we play   musicians: your outlook on the music we play EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 11:36 pm

Im Bongklong(not my real name) and i play drums for Oh Man! Oh God!. I was introduced to the real hardcore scene just 2-3 years ago, i think. Yeah, sounds weird to me, im into jazz, ska, pop and skiffle music, just fucking anything old, although i am familiar to mainstream scene, like mall emo, pop punk etc. that time. And yeah, i was a mall scene kid. I missed the old stupid days. Hahaha! I'm already having myself 2-3 years playing percussion, although i can play guitar, violin and some other instruments. But because of the Hardcore punk scene, i was able to express my values, personality and emotions in a more complex and good sense. OMOG songs currently expresses anti-discrimination, anti-capitalism, yeah, everything anti, btw. And they're definitely DIY, definitely lo-fi skramz. And through hardcore punk, i was able to learn how to be fucking flexible to some other scenes. Currently, im into some sort of Harsh/Ambient noise project shitty and planning to deal with psychedelic music with some of our hardcore friends. Because of the real scene, i have my friends, REAL FRIENDS. I have my clean lifestyle(im into sXe before... and i still continue my clean living although i got broke being edge.) And because of the real scene, i realized one thing, Underground music is the real passion. cheers
Back to top Go down
ichiSkrachi

ichiSkrachi

PostSubject: Re: musicians: your outlook on the music we play   musicians: your outlook on the music we play EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 8:20 pm

the passion for DIY,counter-culture and diverse lifestyles and ideas.
question every ideas and sounds that your heard.
Back to top Go down
ichiSkrachi

ichiSkrachi

PostSubject: Re: musicians: your outlook on the music we play   musicians: your outlook on the music we play EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 8:21 pm

anarkispanky wrote:
the passion for DIY,counter-culture and diverse lifestyles and ideas.
question every ideas and sounds that your heard.

question everything,even yourself.
Back to top Go down
xtreblinkalovescenex

xtreblinkalovescenex

PostSubject: Re: musicians: your outlook on the music we play   musicians: your outlook on the music we play EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 8:25 pm

alala ko tuloy yung album ng Holding On na Question What You Live For
Back to top Go down
BongBong

BongBong

PostSubject: Re: musicians: your outlook on the music we play   musicians: your outlook on the music we play EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 5:53 pm

poetry with melody
Back to top Go down
oblong

oblong

PostSubject: Re: musicians: your outlook on the music we play   musicians: your outlook on the music we play EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 1:07 pm

Hi! I'm Mark dela Cruz. I play drums for indie-powerpop-group BOYMEATSGIRL (http://www.myspace.com/boymeatsgirlmusic) and most of the time attached to my lo-fi solo-outfit OBLONG (http://www.myspace.com/iloveoblong). I write songs and poems, and do bookkeeping on a small financing company --which makes me rich.

My current projects (boymeats and oblong) are in the same field of poppish music which some of you, hc/punk guys might not bother at times. But behind these mushy stuff me and my bands would write are attitudes derived from listening and being well acquainted with punk and hardcore groups. I personally like Thursday...a lot, ran on it in my car a lot with my wife always have that "WTF?"-look painted all over her face. But that's just it. Man, how i love The Get-Up kids, if that's what you're talking about. Been diggin' The Clash way back in College. What else?

I love punk and rock and roll, man. But ah, Pop music would always have that special place in my heart.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iloveoblong
tebs

tebs

PostSubject: Re: musicians: your outlook on the music we play   musicians: your outlook on the music we play EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 6:45 am

hellows, si teboi to...currently, guitars ng incapacitate saka bass ng juan estevedez project...masaya kasi magbanda...great stress reliever...call it selfish pero i do this for myself and nobody else. nde para magrebolusyon, nde para magpasikat at nde para makakantot...i play music kasi it helps keep me sane ...it sounds pretentious pero ganun nararamdaman ko. When I first got into punk the political aspect was not really interesting to me....dun sa do-what-you-want attitude ako nahatak....and up to this very moment yun ang dahilan kung bakit ako tumutugtog ng klase ng tugtugang tinuugtog ko. Dahil gusto ko.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mspace.com/incapacitate4
pierminator

pierminator

PostSubject: Re: musicians: your outlook on the music we play   musicians: your outlook on the music we play EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 5:16 pm

tebs wrote:
hellows, si teboi to...currently, guitars ng incapacitate saka bass ng juan estevedez project...masaya kasi magbanda...great stress reliever...call it selfish pero i do this for myself and nobody else. nde para magrebolusyon, nde para magpasikat at nde para makakantot...i play music kasi it helps keep me sane ...it sounds pretentious pero ganun nararamdaman ko. When I first got into punk the political aspect was not really interesting to me....dun sa do-what-you-want attitude ako nahatak....and up to this very moment yun ang dahilan kung bakit ako tumutugtog ng klase ng tugtugang tinuugtog ko. Dahil gusto ko.

SAME HERE!
Back to top Go down
no love lost

no love lost

PostSubject: Re: musicians: your outlook on the music we play   musicians: your outlook on the music we play EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 8:49 pm

i was meditating while high on cough syrup....then a voice whispered to me.....

DONT LISTEN TO YOUR IDOLS....LISTEN TO WHAT YOUR IDOLS LISTENED TO.....AND YOU WILL FIND THE ANSWER....

...and then i knew
Back to top Go down
xmj_cleanlivingx

xmj_cleanlivingx

PostSubject: Re: musicians: your outlook on the music we play   musicians: your outlook on the music we play EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 11:55 am

hi guys i'm Michael Joseph.. i play guitar and also bass ( syempre qng mrunong k mag gtra, marunong k dn mag bass db??) haha.. I am 1st year college now (16 years old) and i was first introduced in the hc scene when i was 1st yr highschool.. so, ung pagging sXe ko, 3rd year hs q na nakamit ang lifestyle na un,, hehe.. wala nmn aqng banda ngaun.. dti meron pero parang high school band lang, punta sa studio, 2g2g.. gnun. Right now im just doing some guitar covers o bass covers pwede din.. i know how to play some songs of Killswitch Engage, Lamb Of God, The Devil Wears Prada
Back to top Go down
miapathology

miapathology

PostSubject: Re: musicians: your outlook on the music we play   musicians: your outlook on the music we play EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 1:50 pm

I write/scream stuff I live by. That's about it.
Back to top Go down
xsuperflyingipisx

xsuperflyingipisx

PostSubject: Re: musicians: your outlook on the music we play   musicians: your outlook on the music we play EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 5:11 pm

Lyle here,playing drums or doin vocals(in my metal band)..i play in the band "Birds in formation" and "Planet Sshh"..

I started as a mall emo scene kid,batang production din ako dati..pumasok din ako sa tugtugan ng metal dahil i like breakdowns and ear-tearing screams grawls,and blast beats. And nung nalaman ko all about skramz, nag dig deep ako for further info and i found out na skramz is hardcore so nag dig ulit and umiikot ikot na din music world ko sa hardcore. So i use to hang my ears in grindcore,metallic hardcore,screamo,hardcore punk,thrashcore,fastcore...bago lang din ako sa hc/punk scene.

Drum influences-Thy art is murder,Saosin,circle takes the square and yacopsae

Vox influences-chelsea grin,envy,neil perry,forcefedglass,and a lil carnifex

salute
Back to top Go down
xtreblinkalovescenex

xtreblinkalovescenex

PostSubject: Re: musicians: your outlook on the music we play   musicians: your outlook on the music we play EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 3:22 am

xmj_cleanlivingx wrote:
hi guys i'm Michael Joseph.. i play guitar and also bass ( syempre qng mrunong k mag gtra, marunong k dn mag bass db??) haha.. I am 1st year college now (16 years old) and i was first introduced in the hc scene when i was 1st yr highschool.. so, ung pagging sXe ko, 3rd year hs q na nakamit ang lifestyle na un,, hehe.. wala nmn aqng banda ngaun.. dti meron pero parang high school band lang, punta sa studio, 2g2g.. gnun. Right now im just doing some guitar covers o bass covers pwede din.. i know how to play some songs of Killswitch Engage, Lamb Of God, The Devil Wears Prada

THIS SOUNDS FAMILIAR.
Back to top Go down
xtreblinkalovescenex

xtreblinkalovescenex

PostSubject: Re: musicians: your outlook on the music we play   musicians: your outlook on the music we play EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 3:23 am

miapathology wrote:

Miss ka na namin skribabbles. Sad Uwi ka naaaaaaa.
Back to top Go down
miapathology

miapathology

PostSubject: Re: musicians: your outlook on the music we play   musicians: your outlook on the music we play EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 9:06 pm

xtreblinkalovescenex wrote:
miapathology wrote:

Miss ka na namin skribabbles. Sad Uwi ka naaaaaaa.

next year pa. Sad

(but the 'rents want me to come home and take up master's already)

let's make a song for peter in our full-length. Sad
Back to top Go down
xtreblinkalovescenex

xtreblinkalovescenex

PostSubject: Re: musicians: your outlook on the music we play   musicians: your outlook on the music we play EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 10:57 am

Don't we already?
Back to top Go down
xmj_cleanlivingx

xmj_cleanlivingx

PostSubject: Re: musicians: your outlook on the music we play   musicians: your outlook on the music we play EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 11:17 am

xtreblinkalovescenex wrote:
xmj_cleanlivingx wrote:

THIS SOUNDS FAMILIAR.

hehe gnun?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: musicians: your outlook on the music we play   musicians: your outlook on the music we play Empty

Back to top Go down

musicians: your outlook on the music we play
Page 1 of 1