DIY Pinoy HC/Punk Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DIY Pinoy HC/Punk Message Board

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

willing to host a filmviewing activity within central visayas

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
anticivilization

willing to host a filmviewing activity within central visayas Empty
PostSubject: willing to host a filmviewing activity within central visayas   willing to host a filmviewing activity within central visayas EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 2:04 pm

The Age of Stupid is a 2008 film by Director Franny Armstrong (McLibel, Drowned Out) and first-time producer Lizzie Gillett. It is a co-production between Franny's company Spanner Films and Executive Producer John Battsek's (One Day In September) company Passion Pictures.

Oscar-nominated Pete Postlethwaite stars as a man living alone in the devastated future world of 2055, looking at old footage from 2008 and asking: why didn’t we stop climate change when we had the chance?

The production was notable for its innovative way crowd-funding financing model, as well as the Indie Screenings distribution system which allows anyone anywhere to screen the film.

The film was released in 2009 and became one of the most talked-about films of the year. It also spawned the hugely-successful 10:10 campaign.
Back to top Go down
killing christians today

PostSubject: Re: willing to host a filmviewing activity within central visayas   willing to host a filmviewing activity within central visayas EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 11:16 pm

hmmm. interesting po ito ahh.
interested here.

saan po yan sa central visayas?
me libre po bang foodtrip? hehe
Back to top Go down
anticivilization

PostSubject: Re: willing to host a filmviewing activity within central visayas   willing to host a filmviewing activity within central visayas EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 7:19 pm

masigabong palakpakan sa mga taga bacolod sa matagumpay na pagsasagawa nang kanilang kasiyahan (Mt. Kanlaon Clean Air Not War) sa plaza noong sabado dec. 5
sa mga nagtatanong patawid tawid "ako" ng bacolod at iloilo pero sa mga huling linggo nang disyembre ito ang skedyul ko
december 7-13 roaming the city of iloilo
december 14-20 roaming the city of bacolod
december 21-Jan 3 - roaming the province of samar (calbayog city)

sa mga interesado sa kampanya mag-iwan lamang ng mensahe sa jis.spectrum@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
vh_stateofcalamity

vh_stateofcalamity

PostSubject: Re: willing to host a filmviewing activity within central visayas   willing to host a filmviewing activity within central visayas EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 11:42 pm

magkano? libre ba transpo? at ibang commodities?
san kami pwede bumili nung film? or sana may filmviewing din dito sa manila.
Back to top Go down
rethinkcapitalism

rethinkcapitalism

PostSubject: Re: willing to host a filmviewing activity within central visayas   willing to host a filmviewing activity within central visayas EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 4:29 am

anticivilization wrote:
The Age of Stupid is a 2008 film by Director Franny Armstrong (McLibel, Drowned Out) and first-time producer Lizzie Gillett. It is a co-production between Franny's company Spanner Films and Executive Producer John Battsek's (One Day In September) company Passion Pictures.

Oscar-nominated Pete Postlethwaite stars as a man living alone in the devastated future world of 2055, looking at old footage from 2008 and asking: why didn’t we stop climate change when we had the chance?

The production was notable for its innovative way crowd-funding financing model, as well as the Indie Screenings distribution system which allows anyone anywhere to screen the film.

The film was released in 2009 and became one of the most talked-about films of the year. It also spawned the hugely-successful 10:10 campaign.

you got the entire text from the website, yeah?

we held a screening of this film on our climate action festival last october 24, the global day of climate action.

it's commendable that the age of stupid was produced independently, but i'm not very happy about the news i got from a friend from greenpeace that they were being charged for holding screenings in iloilo. my understanding is that their "contract" (verbal or otherwise) seems to have been limited to two screenings here in manila - one for the philippine premiere (which my partner/co-organizer and i were invited to) and another for the green carpet gala (for decision makers and other influential people whose stature supposedly impinges on environmental agenda and/or policy).

i understand that the producers have to recoup their investment, but charging greenpeace for showing this film to a few hundred people in the province was not very nice of them. of course you don't expect gp to apply for indie screenings to think that they are their partner (the host, in fact of the philippine premiere). though they do give a "progressive" license fee for indie screenings, i don't think that appropriate in gp's case.

anyway, good luck with your roving film showing. it would be great to start the first leg of your tour this week as it coincides with the COP15 climate meetings in copenhagen, denmark.
Back to top Go down
http://www.350.org/350now_pilipinas
anticivilization

PostSubject: leave it to the beaurocrats   willing to host a filmviewing activity within central visayas EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 10:29 am

i am aware that the leaders of the world where crumbling upon the climate change issue leave it to them... but i regard solidarity activities and action are necessary... lest with my simple effort, draining as it may seem, unrecognized compared to environmental organization (PO and NGO's) contribute to the campaign...

leave it to the "environmental beaurocracy"

lest the pushcart educator recognized by the CNN

autonomous actions are necessary

if you would look on a certain scene from movie 2012 when people storming the "Noah's Arc" seconds before the great flood ... leaders done nothing... it would be a spoiler if i tell the whole predicament...

thanks for the comment

see you folks this afternoon 3pm at Perry Todds, L. Jaena St. Iloilo City

see the following films...

THE GLOBAL WARMING SWINDLE
THE AGE OF STUPID

to be followed by an open forum

flood the world leaders with your climate greetings
please do visit...
http://en.cop15.dk/greetings/send
i already sent one
-THE EARTH IS NOT DYING, IT IS BEING KILLED AND THOSE WHO ARE KILLING IT HAVE NAMES AND ADDRESSES-
Back to top Go down
rethinkcapitalism

rethinkcapitalism

PostSubject: Re: willing to host a filmviewing activity within central visayas   willing to host a filmviewing activity within central visayas EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 12:08 am

^i think you misunderstood me.

i don't remember saying anything negative about autonomous action because that, my friend, is exactly what we've been doing.

i mentioned gp only to make a point about the producers' rather curious policy on indie screenings.

in any case, good luck. padayon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.350.org/350now_pilipinas
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: willing to host a filmviewing activity within central visayas   willing to host a filmviewing activity within central visayas Empty

Back to top Go down

willing to host a filmviewing activity within central visayas
Page 1 of 1